• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does your house wiring supply enough power for your audio system?

dedobot

50amps@230V (11.5KW) main line circuit breaker. 4 sub-lines 12,15,18,32amp breakers. Real grounding and GFCI, fat cables :).

Reactions: EJ3

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like my coffee strong. I make sure to use all 15A when brewing... ;)
That seems about right! I can't run more than 5 more amps on my 20 AMP circuit when I am brewing coffee (the toaster has to be on one of the other 20 AMP circuits)
(20 AMP circuits are the smallest circuits in my home [& have been so since the home was built in 1968])

Last edited:

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Jesus, at what volume do you listen to music or movies??? In most Western European living rooms it should be about 1-5 Watts simply to avoid your neighbors breaking your front door ;o)
Wait until the cookout happens in the backyard & he kicks up the volume to 11.
In most cases like this, the music cannot be heard beyond the perimeter of your yard (although, in some cases...).

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I just got the boys working on the 275kV transmission lines that supply the entire Gold Coast, to run me a lil' spur line to my place...

1697176121793.png

;)

Descartes

Major Contributor
My audio system is using two dedicated 20 Amp circuits breaker plus one 15 Amp circuit breaker never a problem

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just got the boys working on the 275kV transmission lines that supply the entire Gold Coast, to run me a lil' spur line to my place...

View attachment 318434

;)
LOVE IT!
I've been in the Perth/Freemantle area for about a month (end of Nov 2004-Jan 1, 2005). I rented an apartment & a car (scared the hell out of myself & some others, the first day of driving there). It was great, until we had to go & help Sri Lanka, due to the Tsunami (we were capable of making 30K+ US gallons of water a day (and delivering it in 1200 gallon potable water tanks pulled by HUMVEE's [which we could not do because of so many other ships already there, doing the same thing]). So we circled Sri Lanka for 27 days, before heading off elsewhere.

Top Bottom