• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does Tidal have a country and western bias?

OP
Count Arthur

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Whats your views on Ambient (as a genre)?

I don't have a strong view either way really, I find that track you linked to innofensive, if a little bland.

Try this:

Airag (Mongolian fermented alcoholic horse milk) - I used to make my own Kefir, if you leave it going long enough it's mildly alcoholic.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't have a strong view either way really, I find that track you linked to innofensive, if a little bland.

Try this:

Airag (Mongolian fermented alcoholic horse milk) - I used to make my own Kefir, if you leave it going long enough it's mildly alcoholic.

Oh I love the hypnotic nature of (what I will ignorantly call) Indian music. In the right mood I could listen to that all night. Definitely not ambient. Demands you follow it.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Try this:

Also, I wonder where Tidal would take you from that?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Assuming you don't mean the Eno end of ambient I'm kind of obligated to recommend this.

Whilst not being a fan of genre labelling I view Eno as Ambient. AT is not backgound music you can summon to the foreground. Demands listening or switching off. Not music for Bedphones,

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That's more to my taste.

This even more so:

Although I'm not sure what genre it is. :oops:
Interesting when played over the top of Aphex Twin is what that is!!!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Garth is pulling some kind of meta "Spinal Tap" joke on the world.

By the sound of it the joke backfired. Although 2m sales, maybe not.

Top Bottom