• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does Tidal have a country and western bias?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I'm struggling to think of something that has really grown on me, I genuinely can't think of a food, drink, album or painting that I once dislliked and now do.

What did you think of Stravinksy's "Rite of Spring" the first time you heard it versus later times?

Vintage57

Forum Donor
I'm struggling to think of something that has really grown on me, I genuinely can't think of a food, drink, album or painting that I once dislliked and now do.

People maybe?

OP
Count Arthur

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Comfort zones.

It's good to leave them from time to time.

Creates new neural connections.

Fights age-related brain decay.

So does a good diet and excercise.

How much German techo or death metal do you listen to? :D

OP
Count Arthur

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Stravinksy via Tidal will almost certainly not then lead into autoplaying country & western.

Tidal did suggest this which I'm enjoying:

1590086578564.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

OK, got a challenge for you. Whats your views on Ambient (as a genre)?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Retsina is one of my acquired tastes.

One of the (relatively) few I haven't tried. But having had a look at what it is, I'd happily give it a go.

Leaving aside the obvious horrors of the alcohol world (alcopops, Baileys, Lambs Navy Rum, sub £3 wine etc) there are very few I wouldnt give another chance to.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OK, got a challenge for you. Whats your views on Ambient (as a genre)?

"What is music? Anything can be music, but it doesn't become music until someone wills it to be music, and the audience listening to it decides to perceive it as music." - F.Z.

What I've heard I would perceive and classify as sound, not so much music.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
"What is music? Anything can be music, but it doesn't become music until someone wills it to be music, and the audience listening to it decides to perceive it as music." - F.Z.

What I've heard I would perceive and classify as sound, not so much music.

I suppose it depends how ambient the Ambient. The challenge was going to be to @Count Arthur (if he was not an ambient fan)-

Listen late, just before sleep. Tell me the 11.00 onwards doesnt change ones view of everything before. Switched me on to a whole new type of music.

(oh, and I would disagree with Frank there . Music requires intent, sure. But it doesnt require an audience to be. )

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
One of the (relatively) few I haven't tried. But having had a look at what it is, I'd happily give it a go.

Leaving aside the obvious horrors of the alcohol world (alcopops, Baileys, Lambs Navy Rum, sub £3 wine etc) there are very few I wouldnt give another chance to.

Among the weirder booze I've had:

Airag (Mongolian fermented alcoholic horse milk)
Kumis (Azerbaijani version of the same, but the one I had was made with donkey milk)
Laotian snake whiskey
Vagina yeast beer

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Among the weirder booze I've had:

Airag (Mongolian fermented alcoholic horse milk)
Kumis (Azerbaijani version of the same, but the one I had was made with donkey milk)
Laotian snake whiskey
Vagina yeast beer

Yeah, youve outdone me on the bad ideas for booze front.

I was going to ask what makes the whisky "snake" but I fear I already know.

Also, are we sure it was "milk"? Ive seen Kingpin

Top Bottom