• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does Tidal have a country and western bias?

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Do they have RAP music too ... Tidal?
About Opera and Chorales?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
After that tidal would play you some Fields of the Nephilm to get you back you your previously scheduled C&W.
I'd never heard FotN but assumed they were way heavier than that. Barely one notch higher on the Goth-o-meter than The Cult!

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd never heard FotN but assumed they were way heavier than that. Barely one notch higher on the Goth-o-meter than The Cult!
Kind of standard late 80s goth, the heavier bands came later.
I like their cover of the blow up doll song.
I think this was the first band I went to see live, you would think this is is the sort of thing you should remember about yourself.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

Choice quote:

"I only sang the way I sang because I burnt my throat when I was a kid. I got hot food stuck down there and my throat got singed. I couldn’t talk for four weeks, but the effects lasted forever! And our music was totally different to the Sisters, too. Our sound to me was always like Pink Floyd mixed with the Velvets and even with a touch of jazz thrown in."

Hot food burnt his throat?

As for the Lou Reed / Roger Waters comparison....let's call it "aspirational".

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Choice quote:

"I only sang the way I sang because I burnt my throat when I was a kid. I got hot food stuck down there and my throat got singed. I couldn’t talk for four weeks, but the effects lasted forever! And our music was totally different to the Sisters, too. Our sound to me was always like Pink Floyd mixed with the Velvets and even with a touch of jazz thrown in."

Hot food burnt his throat?

As for the Lou Reed / Roger Waters comparison....let's call it "aspirational".
Number one rule of being in a Goth band, deny you are Goth, or you like Goth bands.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Number one rule of being in a Goth band, deny you are Goth, or you like Goth bands.

Rule number 2, pretend not to care that every band that ever supported you had infinitely more success than you.

"Yeah, I think Jane's supported us once. I never wanted to be big. I'd love to be lugging bags of self raising into the back of Rock City until I draw my pension"

Top Bottom