• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does Decathlon know something we don't?

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Spotted on a bike in Decathlon, I don't want to worry anyone in Belgium but it might be worth keeping an eye on any military build ups near the border......

IMG_20220405_121950__01.jpg

Zoomer

I don't want to worry anyone in Belgium
I think it's the French who need to worry.

The Decathlon blog clearly indicates that the border has been moved south: Designed and tested in Flanders, near the famous cobbles of the Paris-Roubaix.

No news of military buildups, so I suspect it's only a temporary incursion by the Flandriens, connected to the upcoming race.

However, other analysts note that prices of mayonaised fries and dark beer have skyrocketed recently, indicating organised procurement of essential supplies for a more sustained effort.

Decathlon as a French company is well placed to provide us with accurate info, so let's keep an eye on it's blog for any further developments.

Last edited:
OP
J

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dear me, you learn something everyday! I never knew there was a Flanders region of France though I guess it makes sense given the historic fluidity of European borders and movement of peoples. That said, for most people and particularly for cycling enthusiasts, Flanders is the Northern bit of Belgium. Flanders is one of the heartlands of the sport of road cycling so it's not unusual for bicycles to try and claim a connection with the region.

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
Now with that out of the way, may I put this wildly off-topic question to our learned and international membership…

I’ve been looking for the title of a movie that I once saw on TV, not knowing the names of any of the actors. It’s a comedy set in a pair of French-Belgian border towns during the time of the Schengen agreement (everybody spoke French, so probably not Flanders). The protagonists were French and Belgian customs officers loving to hate each other but suddenly faced with the common dilemma of the border evaporating overnight. If anyone recognises the movie and can tell me the title, I’d be most grateful.

Loathecliff

I’ve been looking for the title of a movie that I once saw on TV, not knowing the names of any of the actors. It’s a comedy set in a pair of French-Belgian border towns during the time of the Schengen agreement
'Nothing to Declare' ?

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
OP
J

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My favourite film from Belgium is 'Man Bites Dog', an ultra-low budget mockumentary about a film crew filming a hit man as he goes about his work, it's brilliant and laugh out loud funny.

Top Bottom