• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digione or Digione Signature?

Modellbobby

Hi guys,

Read both of the Amirs reviews and reading great results from both sides, i am not sure what value the Digione Signature brings in terms of even more jitter free-nes.

Any help here appreciated.

Many thanks

Bart

Hi guys,

Read both of the Amirs reviews and reading great results from both sides, i am not sure what value the Digione Signature brings in terms of even more jitter free-nes.

Any help here appreciated.

Many thanks

I've owned both. Didn't hear them next to each other, only after one another. Therefore I'm not positive there was an audible difference. If there is, it must be quite small. The non Signature version is best buy imo.

OP
M

Modellbobby

Does the Digone (non-signature) also has a reclocker on board?
Just got confirmed by Allo. yes
I ordered now a Digione + RASPBERRY 4 and build my own LPS.

Interested to hear some reviews from you who really hear a difference between Digione and Digione signature

OP
M

Modellbobby

It doesn't need one, because it acts as clock master and supplies a clean clock to the Raspberry Pi.
Thats not true. It reclocks the signal and sends the data with precise clock to the COAX out / DAC

nm4711

Thats not true. It reclocks the signal and sends the data with precise clock to the COAX out / DAC
Yes, it sends a clean Coax signal out, because it does not recieve the clock signal from the Pi, but from a clock on the board (the big silver thing). It recovers the clock signal and generates clean i2s clock signals with the needed frequency for the datatransfer from the Pi (Digione is clock master and Pi clock slave). So it already recieves a clean signal from the Pi and does not need to reclock the i2s signal as the Kali does.

I have seen that they write on their website the Digione does dual reclocking. But technical there is no need for reclocking of the i2s signal (as the Kali does) with the Pi as clock slave. It's even better this way, because you only have one clock domain and not two with a buffer in between wich can under- or overflow, if one clock is faster.

I think they state it does reclocking, so they don't have to explain why it is now possible to get a clean i2s signal from the Pi this easy, while you needed the Kali before. Technicaly it's different. But the result is a clean i2s signal in both cases.

Top Bottom