• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVC-X4700H + Devialet D200

MosesMagnum

Hi,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a Denon AVC-X4700H for movies and a Devialet D200 for music. The Denon pre-outs to the Devialet for the L+R speakers, all other speakers are run by the Denon. My problem is when I connect the pre-out RCA's to the Devialet from the Denon I get a low buzzing sound from the from the speakers.

Any idea where I should start to help eliminate the noise?

Thanks

Trell

Major Contributor
You’ll first need to find where the ground loop noise is coming from.

Disconnect any input and output from the receiver, except to your external amplifier and speakers. Any optical can be left in as that won’t give a ground loop.

If you now don’t hear the noise, just add back any device you disconnected earlier, one at the time.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a Denon AVC-X4700H for movies and a Devialet D200 for music. The Denon pre-outs to the Devialet for the L+R speakers, all other speakers are run by the Denon. My problem is when I connect the pre-out RCA's to the Devialet from the Denon I get a low buzzing sound from the from the speakers.

Thanks
A simple thing like plugging all involved devices (TV included) to a single distribution panel or multi-socket may help.

CyrusTheGreat_600BC

Have you tried connecting the ground screw on the back of the receiver to ground? I had this problem, and I attached a ground cable between my power conditioner and 3700. It went away.

OP
M

MosesMagnum

Thank you for the tips.

I'll be having a look later and see what happens.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

After making sure everything is plugged into the same circuit, I go to the cable tv/internet connection, as that seems to have been the source of many of my issues over the years. That shield goes to a different ground than the home wiring, and seems to cause all kind of trouble.

OP
M

MosesMagnum

All sorted!

It was the ground from the high level cable causing issues with the low level cable as they're both grounded. Removing the ground from the high level cable fixed the issue, as the subs are already grounded via the low level the high level ground isn't required.

Thank you for the advice.

Top Bottom