• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC for Lavardin IS ref + Kudos Cardea C10

cronos

Hi,

I have a Kudos Cardea C10 speakers and Lavardin IS reference amplifier.

I'm looking for a good DAC. I do not need to have balanced output because the Lavardin only has RCA inputs.

My approximate budget would be about 1500€. At most 3000€ if it were an incredible DAC.

My intention was to use RCA interconnection and power cables of the Choseal brand. I do not know if there is any better option.

The oppo HA-1 can be a good option? I have seen some in the used market here in Spain very cheap. I do not intend to use headphones. It is a DAC for the dining room for use with the amplifier only.

Thank you very much for your opinions!

Last edited:

Crane

Forum Donor
what is this connected to?

anyhow, if you are using USB or SPDIF then there is really no reason to get anything besides a khadas if it's compatible with your source.

Veri

Master Contributor
If you want to get something very high-end, for a DAC there is really no reason to splurge on anything more than the D70:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-...os-xu208-i2s-32bit-768khz-dsd512-p-13872.html

You can use whatever power and analog cables you want, just don't spend ridiculous money on cables. Anything mogami/canare/gotham/sommer cable will all be good and not sound any different. Don't be convinced from all the fake reviews online making you buy magic rocks and silver power cables. They do not do anything for your set-up whatsoever. They will lower the weight of your wallet is all.

OP
cronos

cronos

what is this connected to?

anyhow, if you are using USB or SPDIF then there is really no reason to get anything besides a khadas if it's compatible with your source.

The sources will be:

- a computer (usb)
- tv (toslink)
- bluetooth adapter (digital coaxial)

OP
cronos

cronos

If you want to get something very high-end, for a DAC there is really no reason to splurge on anything more than the D70:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-...os-xu208-i2s-32bit-768khz-dsd512-p-13872.html

You can use whatever power and analog cables you want, just don't spend ridiculous money on cables. Anything mogami/canare/gotham/sommer cable will all be good and not sound any different. Don't be convinced from all the fake reviews online making you buy magic rocks and silver power cables. They do not do anything for your set-up whatsoever. They will lower the weight of your wallet is all.

Thank you very much for the information!
the choseal cables are quite cheap:
https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en...p-1328?zenid=395cd8c3502803b851a675bbfdd40226

https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en...-p-755?zenid=395cd8c3502803b851a675bbfdd40226

Veri

Master Contributor
Ahh yes I've owned a shorter version of one of those choseal RCAs. I eventually gave it for free when selling a DAC, the rca cable was very thick/rigid :D well shielded though I'm sure, but freaking hugely thick! I wouldn't say they're worth their price premium.

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
OP
cronos

cronos

OP
cronos

cronos

thanks for the suggestion!
I would like something of more level.
What do you think of OPPO 205 or RME ADI-2 DAC, GUSTARD DAC-X26 DAC?
is MATRIX ELEMENT X too much for my stereo?

M00ndancer

Forum Donor

M00ndancer

Forum Donor
thanks for the suggestion!
I would like something of more level.
What do you think of OPPO 205 or RME ADI-2 DAC, GUSTARD DAC-X26 DAC?
is MATRIX ELEMENT X too much for my stereo?
You wont hear any difference. Search here for dacs to consider. Anything above the first quarter (red) is totally fine. The dac you want is the one that have the functions you need. When you have found a suitable one, check the reviews. Don't spend more money than you need. Better to put that money to better speakers/headphones.

OP
cronos

cronos

Thank you very much for the advice! I think I'm going to sell my OPPO 203 and I'll buy an OPPO 205, so I have both in the same device :D
I'll opt for Cordial cables

Top Bottom