• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC/Preamp available on Amazon

ImpiousOne

My plan was to get a MiniDSP flex to run with a Buckeye NC502. However for Xmas I was given a $100 Amazon gift card and don't really have any other uses for the money right now. So I thought I might put it toward a preamp/DAC. Any decent options for a preamp/DAC available via Amazon?

My main requirements are optical input, analog RCA input, remote control and BT. If it had the xover/EQ flexibility of the MiniDSP that would be a bonus.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The FiiO K7 BT has Toslink, RCA Line, and BT in, but lacks a remote and EQ.

The WiiM Pro/Pro Plus has Toslink/RCA Line/BT input, and it also has onboard PEQ/GEQ and a remote.

Unlike the FiiO however, it does not have a fully analog signal chain. The RCA Line input is digitized and the preamplification is done digitally.

OP
I

ImpiousOne

The EQ is negotiable but the remote is not. I would also prefer a display on the unit.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The EQ is negotiable but the remote is not. I would also prefer a display on the unit.
In that case, the Flex would be the best choice I think.
DACs with analog inputs are very rare, so you don't have much choice.

OP
I

ImpiousOne

In that case, the Flex would be the best choice I think.
DACs with analog inputs are very rare, so you don't have much choice.
What if I were to relent on the RCA input? What would my options be for a quality preamp/DAC with optical in, remote, BT and display? Even better if it had some DSP capabilities and higher levels of performance at a decent cost that's available on Amazon?

I liked the idea of having RCA ins but I may co sider if it really opens up the options. The Flex is still my top choice but I'd like to see if I can find something comparable I can use this gift card on.

staticV3

Master Contributor
What if I were to relent on the RCA input? What would my options be for a quality preamp/DAC with optical in, remote, BT and display? Even better if it had some DSP capabilities and higher levels of performance at a decent cost that's available on Amazon?
The Flex is the only device I know which ticks most of those boxes (all but Amazon availability).

As a suggestion, you could buy a UMIK-1 on Amazon and the Flex elsewhere.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

And don't forget cables - you'll need balanced XLR going from Flex to Buckeye if you don't already have them.

OP
I

ImpiousOne

The Flex is the only device I know which ticks most of those boxes (all but Amazon availability).

Thanks. That's why I had ended up with the Flex as my top choice originally. I will just stick with going that route

Top Bottom