• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Curious USB Cable

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Having worked in Telecom somewhat extensively, where there could be up to 100,000 DAC and ADC in a single big machine, where there would sometimes have been rows and rows of equipment racks (think basketball court sized rooms), synchronously interconnected with literally hundreds of cables up to 50 meters or more, with extensive diagnostic capabilities at many locations in the equipment, typically running with all common equipment duplicated - Systems 0 and 1 - either of which could be selected to be active, mix and match 0 or 1 active down the equipment hierarchy, with the other in hot standby for lossless recovery in the rare case of an active side fault detection, installed by contractors with colorful names on their water coolers like "punky ass death water", and having debugged their work, usually a cable not seated firmly, or a connector pin that slipped out of the lock position, or a reversal someplace, not remembering any instances where one cable would work and another wouldn't with no simple explanation, and having sent optical data via fiber across and around the continent, and even undersea out of HongKong to Japan, Singapore, Korea, Australia, Phillipines, and Taiwan, again with duplicated systems with extensive diagnostic and reporting capabilities, with acceptance tests producing essentially no error of any sort over 24 hour periods with demanding traffic loads, I don't think I'll choose to be impressed by a guy in a video selling rather expensive USB Data Cables claiming to make night and day differences in my audio enjoyment.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Having worked in Telecom somewhat extensively, where there could be up to 100,000 DAC and ADC in a single big machine, where there would sometimes have been rows and rows of equipment racks (think basketball court sized rooms), synchronously interconnected with literally hundreds of cables up to 50 meters or more, with extensive diagnostic capabilities at many locations in the equipment, typically running with all common equipment duplicated - Systems 0 and 1 - either of which could be selected to be active, mix and match 0 or 1 active down the equipment hierarchy, with the other in hot standby for lossless recovery in the rare case of an active side fault detection, installed by contractors with colorful names on their water coolers like "punky ass death water", and having debugged their work, usually a cable not seated firmly, or a connector pin that slipped out of the lock position, or a reversal someplace, not remembering any instances where one cable would work and another wouldn't with no simple explanation, and having sent optical data via fiber across and around the continent, and even undersea out of HongKong to Japan, Singapore, Korea, Australia, Phillipines, and Taiwan, again with duplicated systems with extensive diagnostic and reporting capabilities, with acceptance tests producing essentially no error of any sort over 24 hour periods with demanding traffic loads, I don't think I'll choose to be impressed by a guy in a video selling rather expensive USB Data Cables claiming to make night and day differences in my audio enjoyment.

Matches my experience too ...

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I didn't realize "curious" was actually its name!

Seeing the money back guarantee I went to take a look to see if I should buy one to test. Alas, the cheapest is $340 with $20 shipping. I might still do it when I have time.

For now, the person in video could make a killing in infomercials for other products! He is pretty good at it.

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
You have some other USB cables with which you could compare it.
I didn't realize "curious" was actually its name!

Seeing the money back guarantee I went to take a look to see if I should buy one to test. Alas, the cheapest is $340 with $20 shipping. I might still do it when I have time.

For now, the person in video could make a killing in infomercials for other products! He is pretty good at it.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
He lost me totally at 'audiophiles are listening to the cable' , at that point I felt the urge to turn off the video.

If not for the international shipping costs I would feel compelled to prepare and send him a turd in a box... I stil might.

Top Bottom