• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connecting One Audio Interface to Another

Altioc

Hello,

I have a MOTU 828es connected to one computer and I would like audio from another computer to be connected to it as well. To that end I have a UMC202HD that is connected to that second computer. From there I connected the two interfaces via a 1/4" TRS cable however the MOTU 828es shows no audio coming from the connection. Is connecting these two interfaces in this way just not something that I can do with this setup?

The computer recognizes the UMC202HD interface as its output and input devices and If I unplug the TRS and instead plug my headphones directly into the output from the UMC202HD then I hear audio. The connection between the first computer and the MOTU 828es works fine. I have attached a diagram of my setup currently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• I7qDTYN.png
    I7qDTYN.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 41

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Should work that way. I don't know why you want the Motu output to the 202 however.

OP
A

Altioc

I don't know why you want the Motu output to the 202 however.
The other computer needs the microphone input from the Motu

Top Bottom