• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connect Turntable to Amp: grounding

SiriusCanopus

Hi Guys,

I need some help with turntable setup. We have simple CLASSIC PHONO TT-10BN that we take with ourselves when camping outside :D. It has built-in preamp. My question is, at home, do I need to ground it before I will connect to external speakers via Leak 230 amp? Or do I just use RCA cables to connect and that's it?

Thanks

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd just connect it and see if any ground hum is evident before worrying about it. Does it even have a ground wire? Don't see it mentioned in the manual....

OP
S

SiriusCanopus

I'd just connect it and see if any ground hum is evident before worrying about it. Does it even have a ground wire? Don't see it mentioned in the manual....
It doesn't. You know, when you are new, you read too much and worry too much :) Thank you, will try

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Now, taking vinyl camping is something I never did in the last 55 years of using it!

Tremolo

If you touch the arm and you don't ear a clear hum, it's likely already connected to the built-in phono pre ground. The latter is connected to the amp ground through rca's

Top Bottom