• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Configuration Question(s)

OP
L

lamont814

I saw the MLM system in action on the Genelec's. Very impressive. The RME is definitely a feature rich winner. You saved me a grand because I would have eventualy become aware of the RME down the road and replaced the Toppings. It assuring to know you have several of their products and are a fan boy. Thanks -Bob

Reactions: MAB
OP
L

lamont814

I forgot to mention, the control app has a thread here:
The app is really nice, the unit has so many features the physical interface can be overwhelming.
That's very welcome news. I got a little nervous when I thought about interacting with the interface on the unit itself. LOL I'm sure the app will be far more intuitive and steamlined. You've been a Godsend MAB. Thanks bud. -Bud

MAB

Major Contributor
I saw the MLM system in action on the Genelec's. Very impressive. The RME is definitely a feature rich winner. You saved me a grand because I would have eventualy become aware of the RME down the road and replaced the Toppings. It assuring to know you have several of their products and are a fan boy. Thanks -Bob
So glad to help.
There are a ton of nice options these days. Like that SMSL D-6 that @staticV3 mentioned, which is amazing and costs lest than a pair of fancy cables!;) And so you know, you can do unbelievable DSP right on your computer, so it isn't limited to RME!
I'm also a fan of MiniDSP, but that is more targeted at active speaker and subwoofer integration.

OP
L

lamont814

So glad to help.
There are a ton of nice options these days. Like that SMSL D-6 that @staticV3 mentioned, which is amazing and costs lest than a pair of fancy cables!;) And so you know, you can do unbelievable DSP right on your computer, so it isn't limited to RME!
I'm also a fan of MiniDSP, but that is more targeted at active speaker and subwoofer integration.
Over the past 33 years I've worked as a computer technician, systems builder, a network engineer and finally a senior customer engineer for EMC Corp. When I took the step of looking into building my new system I had to take a second look at the prices. I mean they seemed too low for the capacity, speed, functionality and power you get for your money these days. High end is still expensive but when I reflect on what I paid for my first 386 computer back in 1991 we are getting over big time today !! Best wishes to you sir. -Bob

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow !! Now that's a unit. I really like the layout and the way the back panel is configured without all the unecessary bells and whistles. I feel stupid for asking what the DSP would bring to the table.
5 band PEQ per output. Tone controls for highs and lows. Configurable loudness. Configurable crossfeed (for headphones). I own the ADI-2 PRO fs (same as DAC but with additional analog input and ADC) and it's a great device. Expensive but worth every penny.

OP
L

lamont814

Cant wait to hear what my favorite songs from the 70's - 90's sound like playing through this new system and speakers LTig !!

Top Bottom