• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Classic cameras

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
...and my 50 USD Nikkormat FTN + 105/2.5 Nikkor lens combo, ready for use. Was able to press out most of the broad, shallow dents, but whether it's possible to achieve an as-new appearance in this manner..? Camera body is kind of an interesting design, with most of the complex bits all contained in a single large shutter / self timer / timing mechanism module, which is can be lifted free of the main body casting by removing just three screws. I spent a lot more time replacing the rotted foam used extensively as light and dust seals.

_DSC1704.jpg

DWI

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It must be a thing with old Minoltas. Some of mine have gone completely white.

View attachment 184986

The lenses I handle more seem to stay in better shape, these two primes were case queens. I'm wondering if the rubber would react well to the rubber restorer I use on turntable mats.
Yes, the M3 is a great camera. This one has a the original 50 rigid NF it was purchased with in 1957.
E2181BD1-C5EE-44E3-91B8-CE7E419934AF.jpeg

pablolie

Forum Donor
My dad owned a Canon F1 with several nice lenses. Also a Rolleiflex 6x6 (which I own and sometimes shoot with) and some obscure mini camera called a Minox.

As a student making money of the side, I got myself an Olympus OM4ti. I loved that camera and it was with me for many years, until it was stolen while vacationing in Greece. What I do love though is the fact I can use the manual OM lenses I had back then (50mm 1.4 and 135mm 2.8) with an adapter on my current Olympus digital M43, and while I have many nice lenses, the old OM lenses are still some of my favs.

aslan7

Yes, the M3 is a great camera. This one has a the original 50 rigid NF it was purchased with in 1957.View attachment 213353
I had an M3 with a Summicron from the mid-1950s. I bought an M6 many years later with a more recent Summicron. I kept using the older version because I preferred it greatly—very impressionistic color photos.

DWI

I had an M3 with a Summicron from the mid-1950s. I bought an M6 many years later with a more recent Summicron. I kept using the older version because I preferred it greatly—very impressionistic color photos.
I also have an M6 0.72 TTL that usually has a 50/f1.4 of 35/f2on it.

aslan7

The Leicas were great but now everything is ridiculously overpriced. I switched over to Fuji cameras and for the much lower prices am totally delighted with the result.

dlaloum

The Leicas were great but now everything is ridiculously overpriced. I switched over to Fuji cameras and for the much lower prices am totally delighted with the result.
I agree - I still have my Grandad's 1930's Leica IIIc, I used to have a Leica CL, but in the digital age, it is very very difficult to justify Leica's price today. (Currently using a Sony RX100... still have my Olympus OM2 & OM4 film cameras...)

Top Bottom