• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheapest wireless USB

staticV3

Master Contributor
Is the consensus that Hqplayer is pointless?
No, not pointless. Just not a lot of point.

HQPlayer allows you to basically substitute the DAC's built-in Nyquist filter with a much more resource expensive Nyquist filter that the software applies in real time.

Depending on the quality of the DAC's own filter, very marginal gains can be had there, the audibility of which is often questionable, and seldom looked into or proven by the end user.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Yes if DSD isn't better that solves the problem.

But I got the impression that the upsampling ability of HQplayer was appreciated on this forum as well? Is the consensus that Hqplayer is pointless?

There is no evidence that it improves the sound of anything.

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Depends on what you consider 'cheapest' ... a 10m usb cable (not wireless) approx. £20 - £30 (GBP, I'm in the UK)
If you don't need DSD (worth reading up on that) then the WiiM Mini is well liked and £90 GBP and is a simple, non technical solution.

There will be cheaper, but probably more technical options - I'm sure you are hearing about them anyway

Good luck

Top Bottom