• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheapest possible DAC with balanced XLR/Jack for yamaha hs8

Onteriu

Hello,
I am looking for a cheapest dac for my yamaha hs8 monitors to be honest I don't hear difference between dacs, so the cheapeast will be fine I am currently using sonar dx .
I am searching for balanced outputs as sadly I have a lot of EMF in my area so I often hear some buzzing or typical telephone connection signal, I have even bought ground loop fix box that eliminated like 80% of buzzing and hissing, but that 20% remains. I would like to spend 50-100usd, even less if it is possible.
Thanks a lot for help.

Edit:
I was also found that apparently Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen have balanced outputs if anyone is also searching.

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Its uses Jack 6.35mm TRS.
The Topping D10b uses those, but on Amazon they have XLR male to RCA 1/4 inch also for the M300se for the same price. The M300se has a modest amp which on the 4.4mm plug is usable for many headphones and any IEM for power.
I've had both and they're a safe bet to shop just on price and connectivity between them.

Top Bottom