• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Carver Crimson 275 Measurements

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That is like taking the money from the dealers pocket that is just wrong
It is not. The dealer knows about this testing. My local dealer has loaned me gear just the same as he is also curious about objective information about what he sells.

OP
paulbottlehead

paulbottlehead

Audio Company
That is like taking the money from the dealers pocket that is just wrong
Is it? I have been challenged on here that the units I've measured are not representative of a factory built Crimson 275, so I've bought one. If the factory built unit doesn't meet specifications, why would I not be entitled to use a dealer's return policy? Furthermore, I am offering a restocking fee to the dealer to compensate them for their time which is not something I am required to do.

teched58

This dealer does not. I had a very short phone call with him and gave him my CC number.
The nut jobs are going to attack now. Contrast the tendency of engineers to overshare to that of marketers who disappear from the thread once their claims -- 90W continuous! Broken tubes fix themselves! -- are shown to be obvious nonsense

Shazb0t

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is it? I have been challenged on here that the units I've measured are not representative of a factory built Crimson 275, so I've bought one. If the factory built unit doesn't meet specifications, why would I not be entitled to use a dealer's return policy? Furthermore, I am offering a restocking fee to the dealer to compensate them for their time which is not something I am required to do.
You're in the clear in my book.

Well since you wrote that it is already going back before you have even received it I hope he sends your refund at one cent per day

OP
paulbottlehead

paulbottlehead

Audio Company
Well since you wrote that it is already going back before you have even received it I hope he sends your refund at one cent per day
If the amp meets the published specifications for a Crimson 275, I will keep the amp and the dealer can keep my money. I have already made this clear.

caught gesture

Forum Donor
You are being very judgemental within such a short space of time since joining the site. You’ve also only participated in this thread. Any information you want to disclose or share as to any affiliations?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It is interesting to note that you seem to have joined ASR only to comment on this thread. Do you care to comment why that seems to be the case?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
You are being very judgemental within such a short space of time since joining the site. You’ve also only participated in this thread. Any information you want to disclose or share as to any affiliations?
His moniker is... umm... kind of suspicious. That "Carver" guy had something to do with the pre-Pioneer incarnation of Phase Linear, if memory serves.
0ee068230d7492ec656c2e63c95ae824.jpg

Now... I probably should waste neither my own keystrokes or forum bandwidth to "say" this: but I will :rolleyes:: @paulbottlehead you have no need to feel nor to be defensive. By all appearances and accounts, you've gone to great lengths to be circumspect, balanced and fair in this imbroglio to The Carver Corporation (as I believe the current enterprise is known).

Now, in full disclosure, I tend to get defensive at the drop of a hat*! But I usually know when other folks don't need to. :)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
as an on-topic aside :cool: I just read an interesting post in a parallel thread on this topic at Another Forum by Bob Fitzgerald ("Bob@FM"):

I mention this mostly because it contains a link to a newer version of the Carver 275 manual than the version which I had seen previouly. All y'all might find it interesting to peruse. At the risk of being catty :rolleyes:, I also certainly wouldn't discourage you from reading Bob's comments in the linked post above vis-a-vis the current amplfier-catalyzed imbroglio brouhaha. ;)

1641172747952.png

For the record and FWIW, Bob Fitzgerald is an FM tuner guy of no mean repute; the "Bob" of several of the links at https://www.fmtunerinfo.com/DIY.html and is active on several other hifi/DIY forums besides AK (EDIT: perhaps even this one?).

Last edited:

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
as an on-topic aside :cool: I just read an interesting post in a parallel thread on this topic at Another Forum by Bob Fitzgerald ("Bob@FM"):

I mention this mostly because it contains a link to a newer version of the Carver 275 manual than the version which I had seen previouly. All y'all might find it interesting to peruse. At the risk of being catty :rolleyes:, I also certainly wouldn't discourage you from reading Bob's comments in the linked post above vis-a-vis the current amplfier-catalyzed imbroglio brouhaha. ;)

View attachment 176311

For the record and FWIW, Bob Fitzgerald is an FM tuner guy of no mean repute; the "Bob" of several of the links at https://www.fmtunerinfo.com/DIY.html and is active on several other hifi/DIY forums besides AK (EDIT: perhaps even this one?).
UGH. This amplifier has a 15 watt transformer in a package which is supposed to be '75 watts'. I could go to a lot of analogies for this but decency prevents me from going there. :rolleyes:

TunaBug

Forum Donor
If the amp meets the published specifications for a Crimson 275, I will keep the amp and the dealer can keep my money. I have already made this clear.

It was clear. I don't know how anybody could take issue with this: you keep it if it performs as advertised, and return it if it fails. That's just normal business, right?

Are you going to measure it yourself in addition to Amir?

Zackthedog

View attachment 176311

Folks at AK are trying to figure out what "adamantine steel" is, if it even exists. ;-)

Top Bottom