• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can someone give me advice? I can't figure it out.

OP
J

Jrizk13

Thank you gentlemen. I will keep you updated on what happens. Your advice is appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Joe

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For what it's worth mabey you can install a wasapi audio driver which by pass windows audio. Im using foobar2000 an installed wasapi.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you tried lowering the volume in the player application just a little bit?

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
I have listened to the files over HDMI into my anthem receiver. Clean, pure sound. No clicks or glitches apparent. Great observation.
DAC to Parasound amp directly have same issue, am I correct?

Do you have Blu-ray player that can do digital out? Try that through the DAC and see. If have same problem, DAC is the issue.

sonitus mirus

How long are the USB cables? Maybe a shorter cable or a powered USB hub could solve the problem?

OP
J

Jrizk13

I have a 3 foot USB. I have tried multiple from 3-6 feet. Still clicks. DAC direct to parasound gives clicks but the soundstage is bigger (yes!). I have lowered the volume on the software and still click. I will try to find a wasapi audio driver. Any recommendations?

Kind Regards
Joe

solderdude

Grand Contributor
How do I connect my laptop to my parasound? Laptop only has USB and HDMI out? Parasound only has balanced and single ended in? It's a straight power amp, not integrated. I'm sorry I'm a novice, please explain.

Any device with a headphone out (older phones, tablets, laptops, PCs) can be connected directly to the parasound.
All you need is a 3.5mm (1/8) TRS jack to 2x RCA cable. Then you can rule out the amp.
When that turns out O.K. connect the Pre-90 to the Parasound and connect the cable to one of its inputs.
When O.K. this rules out the pre-amp + Parasound combo.

Then all that remains is the DAC.

AT-7092.jpg

Last edited:
OP
J

Jrizk13

Good evening Gentlemen,

I received another DAC from the manufacturer and that one also had the clicking through USB. I purchased a $50 converter on Amazon that takes usb to I2S and now THE CLICKING IS GONE!! I2S has solved my dilemma and pretty cheap as well.

I don't know what the USB problem was and don't think I will ever figure it out but I wanted to thank you all for your great ideas and brainstorming.

Kind Regards,

Joe

OP
J

Jrizk13

My USB cable was only 3 feet long. I tried a 6 foot and 1.5 foot and still clicking. I suspect some type of miscommunication or clocking issue between pcs and the USB input of this DAC. It sounds divine now. Thank God

Top Bottom