• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can I use the Topping E70 with Q Acoustics M20 HD

@Morph9683 I have Q3030i's with two 10" sub's and Yamaha amplifier. So getting a sub or two is improvement which you will definitely feel and getting a better DAC probably ain't. Main question is does M20 HD have a high pass to it's self when you use sub out? My setup is enough for fine 86~88 dB white noise (-20 dB) calibration point at 3 m and I really neither need or want louder. I am sure M20 HD can do the same at 2 m.
You should get a subwoofer (if you can regarding neighbours and such) and measurement microphone like UMIK-1. Play with them (including positioning) and learn to do PEQ's & measurements with REW and that's your best investment if you ask me at least.

@Morph9683 I have Q3030i's with two 10" sub's and Yamaha amplifier. So getting a sub or two is improvement which you will definitely feel and getting a better DAC probably ain't. Main question is does M20 HD have a high pass to it's self when you use sub out? My setup is enough for fine 86~88 dB white noise (-20 dB) calibration point at 3 m and I really neither need or want louder. I am sure M20 HD can do the same at 2 m.
You should get a subwoofer (if you can regarding neighbours and such) and measurement microphone like UMIK-1. Play with them (including positioning) and learn to do PEQ's & measurements with REW and that's your best investment if you ask me at least.
I am not sure about what pass my QAM20 HD have. Would I be able to check that in their manuals?

I definitely need to learn how to do these things. Since I do not know anything about these, is there any recommended software to use with the microphone, and is it gonna be the same software I will use for PEQ and REW. Is there any beginner link/video I can educate myself with to get a headstart?

Main question is does M20 HD have a high pass to it's self when you use sub out? My setup is enough for fine 86~88 dB white noise (-20 dB) calibration point at 3 m and I really neither need or want
I found this info on their website:

M20 - Q. Does the subwoofer output have any form of filter applied to it?​

Answer:

Yes, the M20 has a 2nd order low pass filter (LPF) at 300Hz applied to the subwoofer output which is also mono.

I found this info on their website:

M20 - Q. Does the subwoofer output have any form of filter applied to it?​

Answer:

Yes, the M20 has a 2nd order low pass filter (LPF) at 300Hz applied to the subwoofer output which is also mono.
That does not answer the question. The question was about the filter of the speakers themselves, not the subwoofer output. 300 Hz isn't very useful without any additional low-pass.

Hi again everyone, I found this info in QA website:

M20 - Q. What DAC chip is used? Does the analogue input get digitised and run through the DSP engine before being converted back to analogue?​

Answer:

There is no DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter) as such as the M20 amplifier operates in the digital domain. Digital input signals are acquired by a digital multiplexer, which then routes them directly to a DSP (Digital Signal Processor) for equalisation. The DSP applies equalisation according to the set room position and sets the listening volume. The resultant digital signals are then formatted by the DSP into bitstreams that will be boosted by a separate high power bridge to directly drive the speakers. There is no requirement in this signal path for any down-conversion of digital signals into an analogue format or for a traditional D/A converter. Analogue signals are digitally encoded at the input of the amplifier, then follow the same path as digital signals through the digital domain to the speaker.

If there is no DAC as they say then how is connecting to USB will assist me in getting what I need? Does this still mean that I should only stick with USB connection even though they do not use any DAC?

Nothing changes. It's still a has DAC, just integrated into the amplifiers.

It's still a has DAC, just integrated into the amplifiers.
It would be more correct to say that it has a DAC function implemented in the amplifier (because the amplifier is digital - it can also be called a power DAC).

I am not sure about what pass my QAM20 HD have. Would I be able to check that in their manuals?

I definitely need to learn how to do these things. Since I do not know anything about these, is there any recommended software to use with the microphone, and is it gonna be the same software I will use for PEQ and REW. Is there any beginner link/video I can educate myself with to get a headstart?
There definitely isn't anything complicated in learning to adjust REW graphs (psy smoothing) and input path for microphone (including cal-ibration file). I didn't need starter video but sure there are some.
For example as a not a bad one for initial setup:
REW calculates the PEQ's for peeks and deeps (again in margins as it's told in setup). Important part are finesses you came out you're self like; adjusting left and right chenels before to match SPL, PEQ-ing slopes of sub's/mains so that they form nearly perfect Linkwitz Riley (high/low pass) filter and such. REW can export it's calculated PEQ's in friendly form for some software/device's and in other cases you type them in manually.

If you want an in depth as well as easy to understand explanation of how the various different signals get processed in the M20s check out the Youtube review by A British Audiophile.

Hello everyone,
I'n new in this forum.
I have the Qacoustics m20, I have problem with usb connection: not able to play correctly 48,0, 96,0 and 192,0 khz in in my two different pc. I installed and reinstalled the driver suggested by Q acoustics. May you help me? Thank you.

I have problem with usb connection: not able to play correctly 48,0, 96,0 and 192,0 khz in in my two different pc.
What audio player do you use and how are the settings made in it?

Thank for yours replies,
I use Tidal. I tryed to set the sound quality to high and maximo but nothing changed. The windows sounds are distorted too. May be something with the driver or some incompatibility with the hardware? It is strange that it happens with two different pc (one is a samsung laptop quite old but the other is a ASUS VivoBook S14 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz).
Attached file SPDIF out properties
Immagine.jpg

Back
Top Bottom