• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can I use the P50 with the topping L30?

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I was wondering could I use the p50 to power my topping L30. I don't know if the L30 uses a different power barrel size than the one on the P50.

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I was wondering could I use the p50 to power my topping L30. I don't know if the L30 uses a different power barrel size than the one on the P50.

Hi,

As the L30 has an input of 15V/1A and the P50 has an output of 15V/1A, I don't see any reason why you won't be able to use that to power your L30.
So you can have :
- A topping E30 DAC powered by one of the USB 5V/1A ports of the P50 ;
- A topping L30 powered by the 15V output of the P50.

At least from what I understand...

raif71

Major Contributor
The P50 can't be used to power L30 coz the P30 output is DC while the L30 needs 15V AC, 1A

PenguinMusic

The P50 can't be used to power L30 coz the P30 output is DC while the L30 needs 15V AC, 1A
Hi,
Thanks for this clarification...
I saw that on another thread and was just about to change my own post about that.

As I said in another thread about the L30, the fact that the power supply is AC and cannot be easily replaced is stopping me from buying the L30.
Because in case the power supply gets lost or is defective (which can really often happen with such power supplies from my experience) I can just throw away the whole device or spend half it's price getting a replacement power supply.

That is a thing to consider before getting the L30 in my opinion...

Regards.

raif71

Major Contributor
Hi,
Thanks for this clarification...
I saw that on another thread and was just about to change my own post about that.

As I said in another thread about the L30, the fact that the power supply is AC and cannot be easily replaced is stopping me from buying the L30.
Because in case the power supply gets lost or is defective (which can really often happen with such power supplies from my experience) I can just throw away the whole device or spend half it's price getting a replacement power supply.

That is a thing to consider before getting the L30 in my opinion...

Regards.
I found out about the AC power supply after I decided to buy the L30. I have the JDS Labs Atom and that too uses AC power suppy (16V). I hope Topping or @JohnYang1997 can suggest a 3rd party AC power supply that is reliable just in case it goes kaput or lost like you said.

PenguinMusic

Top Bottom