• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

budget blu-ray player for pc

davidebond

Hi. Excuse me for this question. What is a good, but budget blu-ray player which I can use with pc in order to listen to pure audio cd? There is no way to listen to them with a blu-ray software as powerdvd or jriver. Some of them contains high resolution files, but only at 96/24 and not at 192. With a blu-ray player for tv, one can listen to files at 192. In any case, I am unable to read with the pc blu-ray cds from Deutsche Grammophon.

I would connect a bd-player for tv to the pc and this, on its turn, to an external dac.

Thanks and best,

davide

Tom C

Major Contributor
You can’t connect a blu-ray player for TV into a PC by HDMI. TV’s have HDMI input, but PC’s don’t have an HDMI input. You can connect the co-ax or optical digital output of a blu-ray player directly to DAC. You don’t need a PC in between.
If you have a blu-ray drive connected or installed in your PC, then the only way to get a commercial blu-ray disc to play is to use software to decrypt the disc. makeMKV works for me. You can try it for free. You can use it indefinitely for free, but you have to keep refreshing the product key after 30 days. If you make a donation, you don’t have to keep refreshing the product key. To me it was worth the $50 donation, because it’s quality software. I have only used it to rip a disc to my hard drive. JRiver says they have made it possible to use JRiver and makeMKV together to play a disc without ripping, but I never tried it out.

OP
davidebond

davidebond

Thanks for your kind and helpful suggestions.

Best,

Davide

Top Bottom