• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget Amp for streaming in a small restaurant

MAB

Major Contributor
Are you trying to start a Niles cult club?:cool:
Used Niles is a good recommendation for @Morpheus.
That's one take!;)
I certainly have mentioned them a few times on ASR. Two-channel versions were reviewed on ASR and have good performance. I installed literally hundreds of them in customer's homes. They are stable and can drive ridiculous low-impedance loads and take all sorts of abuse.
Given that you can get a 12-channel for around $200 shipped on eBay, or a 2-channel for close to $100 shipped, and they are made for the specific purpose of amplifying systems in small restaurants and homes, it does seem a good fit.
Even $750 for a new 12-channel Niles is a great deal for a competent and flexible multi channel amp.

OP
M

Morpheus

Forum Donor
Hi Ray, thanks for rhe input. Yes, he is very aware of this, as he also runs a beach restaurant/bar in summer, and had a big café prior, and always takes care of that. Over here, at the other side of the Atlantic, you to pay a fee to the National Authors Association. The amount is dependant on the area, seats and type of use case among other things, like streaming, still image or video, etc, and its for domestic and foreign media and platforms.
Depending where you are located, I suppose, but...

OP
M

Morpheus

Forum Donor
I think you are really looking for a "receiver" with streaming, BT, WiFi and USB capabilities but without any video/HDMI needs.
Based on those speakers (Evid 3.2s) you won't need anything more than about 100W per channel from this TBD receiver's amplifier section.
However, because you are thinking the possibility of additional pair of speaker hook-ups; you may also need either a "dual-zone" receiver that either gives you 4 amplifier channels or a separate power amps plus a pre-amp.
This wont be pumping any volume, just very light ambient music, I would say 1 to 5 watts are gong to be what in practice will be used, at the most...

OP
M

Morpheus

Forum Donor
Fosi v3 is probably the answer right now.

For ~150E I would also suggest a Fosi V3 + WiiM mini or Pro. Gets you everything except USB input, close to your budget. Check eBay as the manufacturers sell there at somewhat lower prices, refurbs, etc.

OP
M

Morpheus

Forum Donor
Out of my own ingorance, I must ask this question that I feel is not OT:
What are the most frequented websites which sell (and/or auction off) used but professional/industrial audio recording/playback gear?
The one I am aware of is Reverb.com . Nice place to nab a pair of Genelecs or Neumans, but they advertise all sorts of mainstream-ish audio and obscure studio gear.

Top Bottom