• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buchardt Audio SUB10

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Interesting, thanks for the reply. The Dali Phantom S-100 has 18mm, which pushes me more towards the Dali. I would really like to see the CEA-2010 measurements for both.

There are different ways to measure this and different decisions on which linearity to accept, so you can't necessarily directly compare two excursion numbers and know which performs better. And what is performance? SPL regardless of distortion or linearity?

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The SVS SB-3000 in wall also has a pretty small volume back box and SVS claims 107.6dB@32 Hz in 1/8 space (which would be 98.6Hz in full space).

I wonder how far those micro subs can be pushed with good drivers and enough power

Kisscool

Screenshot_2024-02-11-15-42-18-224_fr.leboncoin.jpg

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep. It was released 7 years ago. I can't really see what innovation Buchardt are bringing but maybe we'll see some through the software and app. They're so light on details though. Almost like they haven't really thought things through and have thrown in together to try and catch some of the subwoofer bandwagon that they're in danger of missing.
I am confused—is this merely a rebranded Lyngdorf BW-2 or are you commenting that the two subwoofers look aesthetically similar, but are not the same hardware?

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyway, I am very curious about this sub. I am also curious about Dali Phantom S-100, and Ascendo 10” Mule woofer.

The Dali looks cool - though not sure if it's a full-on Purifi motor or just the distinctive surround. Still, I haven't seen an in-room version.

As for Ascendo, do you mean this one:

It's probably a good sub. The woofer it uses* is very well optimized for tiny cabinets, with a big voicecoil to deal with the inevitable heat and a neo magnet for good motor force in a small package. It's also an expensive driver.

Grimani also has one in this form factor.
No idea about price, finish options, or drive-unit (I know what it looks like from the frame/cone but that could be incorrect).

And Sigberg, obviously.

*Other CI companies, such as Triad and Leon Speakers, also use this woofer in their slim form factor subs. So does Amphion in the pro space. Maybe "Ascendo" asks the Indonesians to add a sticker on the back bearing an Ascendo model number to "customize" it...I can confirm from personal measurement that Leon and Triad both use the same part you can buy from, e.g. Madisound.

The Dali looks cool - though not sure if it's a full-on Purifi motor or just the distinctive surround. Still, I haven't seen an in-room version.

It's probably a good sub. The woofer it uses* is very well optimized for tiny cabinets, with a big voicecoil to deal with the inevitable heat and a neo magnet for good motor force in a small package. It's also an expensive driver.

No idea about price, finish options, or drive-unit (I know what it looks like from the frame/cone but that could be incorrect).

And Sigberg, obviously.

*Other CI companies, such as Triad and Leon Speakers, also use this woofer in their slim form factor subs. So does Amphion in the pro space. Maybe "Ascendo" asks the Indonesians to add a sticker on the back bearing an Ascendo model number to "customize" it...I can confirm from personal measurement that Leon and Triad both use the same part you can buy from, e.g. Madisound.
Here is the Ascendo ”Mule”. It was talked about during a Shane Lee video with Ascendo (50hz to 150hz at 125db).

Attachments

• IMG_2938.jpeg
    IMG_2938.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2937.jpeg
    IMG_2937.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 98

And Sigberg, obviously.

Here is more information about the “mule”

Attachments

• IMG_2964.jpeg
    IMG_2964.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75

Pritaudio

I would love to buy the Hypex module...
The hard thing to get is the dsp aspect of it. May require a license.

Amp is available.

also, bowers and Wilkins do DB4S model with higher wattage hypex amps, some dsp too.

Pritaudio

It is stated that eq can be stored on the sub for when connecting the main speakers to its output.
But does this work with non Bucharat speakers too.
the video mentions connecting the sub between the preamp and amp.
also, is the app the same as with the main speakers.

poiy

Hello folks,
I have a question regarding the distortion/q-factor/Volumen of subwoofers.
I often read that a Q factor of 0.71 is recommended for a closed cabinet.
Since most subwoofers nowadays have their own amplifier and DSP, isn't it advisable to favour a lower Q factor? The few SPL that I lose earlier can still be compensated for with a DSP and the flattening of the repson curve is also much flatter, right? So that i always aim for a bigger volume with a dsp?
Do I get problems with the excursion in the lower frequency range? Or can I also correct this with a DSP? I have to admit that I have never really got to grips with a DSP.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello folks,
I have a question regarding the distortion/q-factor/Volumen of subwoofers.
I often read that a Q factor of 0.71 is recommended for a closed cabinet.
Since most subwoofers nowadays have their own amplifier and DSP, isn't it advisable to favour a lower Q factor? The few SPL that I lose earlier can still be compensated for with a DSP and the flattening of the repson curve is also much flatter, right? So that i always aim for a bigger volume with a dsp?
Do I get problems with the excursion in the lower frequency range? Or can I also correct this with a DSP? I have to admit that I have never really got to grips with a DSP.
Q factor, SPL and excursion are all related, and the relationship does not change. You change one thing others will change too. DSP change SPL, others will change too.

Change volume of box changes the q factor and the frequency, so you can expect SPL and excursion to follow the change. The sensitivity will drop as volume gets lower.

So all those means if you have DSP, you don't need to care about q factor of a box. You can correct it and group delay will be fixed. But volume is still important as it determines sensitivity.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To me, seems like a lot to pay considering I paid around $1100 for my two OG SB 2000's which are not a lot bigger and also do 20 hz at 95 db.

Pritaudio

It has extensive dsp features, both with and without buchardt mains speakers.

Top Bottom