• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Breeze TPA3255 XLR Balanced Amplifier TearDown : DIP8 Op Amps.

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I can't imagine how anyone could come to the conclusion that you have no idea what you're doing.

This may sound crazy but... maybe you ought to have the right tools to do electronics if you're going to do electronics?
Ideally yes but circumstantially no, not possible yet.
I think maybe you might want to slow down a bit on presuming that I don’t know what I’m doing in replacing an op amp. It is not a tool heavy job or difficult. It was a circumstantial mistake that has caused for concern on my behalf in regards to further circuitry damage that may ensue. I admit I do not know and certainly not ashamed to say it, wether the PCB board is protected against such a thing like most others are in order to protect the product from anybody, including experts or in house technicians whom may also make a mistake. Let’s face it if no one ever would make a mistake aftersales tweaking, why sell protected boards in the first place…which if they didn’t would probably only tantamount to a utopian fantasy…and replacement sales which in turn may be deemed as mercenary …so, any ideas?

Last edited:

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You've made this very clear.
Well transparency is not bad thing my friend is it or would you prefer a cad with false credentials? I would like to know, if at all possible, where else the board may have been damaged or if it actually was restricted to the op amp. Peace.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Well transparency is not bad thing my friend is it or would you prefer a cad with false credentials? I would like to know, if at all possible, where else the board may have been damaged or if it actually was restricted to the op amp. Peace.
Could be anywhere. You need at a minimum a scope and a voltmeter before you start fooling around with circuits.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I admit I do not know and certainly not ashamed to say it, wether the PCB board is protected against such a thing like most others are in order to protect the product from anybody, including experts or in house technicians whom may also make a mistake. Let’s face it if no one ever would make a mistake aftersales tweaking, why sell protected boards in the first place…which if they didn’t would probably only tantamount to a utopian fantasy…and replacement sales which in turn may be deemed as mercenary …so, any ideas?
What in tarnation are you gabbing about? It makes zero sense.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
So much misinformation and so much danger for essentially no return. And this advice being given to someone who has demonstrated that working on this amplifier is far beyond his capability and access to proper tools (as well as not knowing how to use them if he even had them).

HIGHLY irresponsible.

Last edited by a moderator:

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Wrong my friend, try not to be so presumptuous. How can instructing someone with sound and valid instructions be highly irresponsible?
They're neither sound nor valid as the bits I quoted indicate, and you're neither equipped nor capable of working on electronics.

Shall I give you instructions on how to do your own circumcision?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Precisely, there is no fault on your behalf. How can anyone be held in contempt for doing right? You have explained everything clearly to me and others that may read this thread and so your responsibility has been well executed and I personally have no doubt that your instruction will be easily confirmed as valid.
If you guys were doing this nonsense via PM, cool, you're the only one who will deal with burning up an amplifier. But putting this incredibly bad "advice" out in public is highly irresponsible.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Ok, that got stupid fast.

Had to do a little cleanup to try to prevent some of that nonsense from getting any further.

If you missed it, lucky you.

SMen

I made a near fatal mistake today of replacing the right side op amp in reverse and switched the amplifier on. There was a brief spot of smoke before I turned it off. The smoke came from the center area of the amp or at least that is where my eyes caught sight of it. I replaced the op amp, Muses 8820d, in the correct direction and switched it back on. Everything works but I cannot check any possible areas as I simply do not have the tools to do so.
My question is apart from the op amp is there anything else that may have or could have been damaged or caused the smokes source. I have contacted BRZHIFI to ask if the rest of circuit is protected against such a mistake and am waiting for a reply.
I think you might have been getting stressed by this thread!

It is actually a +1 for this amplifier that it has protective circuitry.

MATBALL

Attachments

• 20230620_184411[1].jpg
    20230620_184411[1].jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 20230620_202709[1].jpg
    20230620_202709[1].jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

SMen

Bonjour à tous, concernant cette alimentation ses dimensions sont trop hautes et il est impossible de fermer le boitier
Bonjour, il y a eu quelques alertes pour éviter cela. Désolé d'entendre. Cependant remarquez-vous une amélioration des performances ? Mieux utiliser google traduction ici ...

Hello, there were a few alerts to avoid this. Sorry to hear. However do you notice any improvement in performance?

MATBALL

FOR THE MOMENT IT IS TOO EARLY TO SAY IF THERE IS AN IMPROVEMENT BECAUSE I JUST RECEIVED THE AMPLIFIER.

Last edited:

chauphuong

I don't know anything about electronics, so I decided to leave all the capacitors intact and make some, say, connection mods. (1) Changing the small, seemingly tin plated power wires with 0.75 mm2 OCC silver plated ones; (2) Changing opamps around (NE5532, 1656, 2604AQ, Muse 02, Sparkos ss3602....). 1656 and 2604AQ produce much the same SQ. Sparkos is a tad better though insanely expensive. Finally I kept the Sparkos but truthfully the a - lot - cheaper 1656 and 2604AQ could do the job almost equally; (3) The biggest SQ improvement came with changing the stock binding posts with 4 silver plated CMC ones, connecting them with PCB using Neotech 7N 18AWG copper wires. This did magic. My wife thought I had bought a new amplifier.

A little sad to read bad things about the stock SMPS, but this little amp provides juices to my ears now. For reference, I have the heavily praised Topping LA90, and it went back to its carton box after this Brzhifi amp came and shine.

SMen

I don't know anything about electronics, so I decided to leave all the capacitors intact and make some, say, connection mods. (1) Changing the small, seemingly tin plated power wires with 0.75 mm2 OCC silver plated ones; (2) Changing opamps around (NE5532, 1656, 2604AQ, Muse 02, Sparkos ss3602....). 1656 and 2604AQ produce much the same SQ. Sparkos is a tad better though insanely expensive. Finally I kept the Sparkos but truthfully the a - lot - cheaper 1656 and 2604AQ could do the job almost equally; (3) The biggest SQ improvement came with changing the stock binding posts with 4 silver plated CMC ones, connecting them with PCB using Neotech 7N 18AWG copper wires. This did magic. My wife thought I had bought a new amplifier.

A little sad to read bad things about the stock SMPS, but this little amp provides juices to my ears now. For reference, I have the heavily praised Topping LA90, and it went back to its carton box after this Brzhifi amp came and shine.
This is an interesting article measuring op amps in a buffer stage:
https://atm-audio.com/input-buffer-for-hypex-nc500-and-purifi-audio/ I found the Muses01s to be magic for me in this BRZ3255 - put them a few months ago and I have just been enjoying this amplifier hugely ever since. Not subtle change in presentation - very detailed but natural, and in this amplifier entertainingly dynamic. Preferred over Muses02s - which were more forward and less natural (in this circuit - they are great in the output stage of a dac I use). opa1656 were OK - 2604 fets were 'bold' and 'broadbrushed' rather than detailed.

Could you link to the binding posts and cable? Those are jus about in the realms of my abilities to try. I don't hear any noise or such from the power supply.
Interesting also about your comparison with the Topping LA90. :)

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Not subtle change in presentation - very detailed but natural, and in this amplifier entertainingly dynamic. Preferred over Muses02s - which were more forward and less natural (in this circuit - they are great in the output stage of a dac I use). opa1656 were OK - 2604 fets were 'bold' and 'broadbrushed' rather than detailed.
This is a remarkable claim. Any evidence?

chauphuong

This is an interesting article measuring op amps in a buffer stage:
https://atm-audio.com/input-buffer-for-hypex-nc500-and-purifi-audio/ I found the Muses01s to be magic for me in this BRZ3255 - put them a few months ago and I have just been enjoying this amplifier hugely ever since. Not subtle change in presentation - very detailed but natural, and in this amplifier entertainingly dynamic. Preferred over Muses02s - which were more forward and less natural (in this circuit - they are great in the output stage of a dac I use). opa1656 were OK - 2604 fets were 'bold' and 'broadbrushed' rather than detailed.

Could you link to the binding posts and cable? Those are jus about in the realms of my abilities to try. I don't hear any noise or such from the power supply.
Interesting also about your comparison with the Topping LA90. :)
Bought them from a shop in my country

You can search elsewhere according to product codes. You will have to drill the holes to be bigger for the new binding posts to fit in.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

SMen

This is a remarkable claim. Any evidence?
Just for you ...:D
:D;)

The measurements in the link I sent show measured differences between op amps, one of which is the Muses01. I don't have the equipment to measure.
Some AB comparisons showed little or no difference between certain op amps where I enlisted the help of my son to blind swap ... but the difference between the two different types: FET Muses01s and Bipolar Muses02s was indeed remarkable, because it was not subtle, and not what I expected at all. If anyone reading this has Muses01 lying around, and they have this amplifier ... they can give them a go and agree or disagree with me. The amplifier is so inexpensive I'd suggest trying it for fun!

Top Bottom