• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluesound HUB opinions

jjk1

I’ve got a node, and a Wiim pro plus and now I have to go find this thing exists on the market.
looks really interesting and I wonder how it performs .
I don’t think it has its own brain but looks like an interesting digital switch that can be controlled by anyone with a blusound product.
right now I’m using blusos for Deezer hifi because I like the interface and the Wiim to apply EQ for via optical input on the Wiim.
ive the tv on the line in on the Wiim and it works great. I’d like to route full bandwidth headless ATV 4k audio around and this has hdmi.
looks cool. Anyone have one of these?
thanks
jjk

pogo

Major Contributor
Yes, here are my first experiences with a Bluesound HUB in combination with my M33:

The Bluesound HUB can act as a remote input section in a BluOS system. Up to 4 HUBs can be operated simultaneously in the network.
I had no problems with the setup via WLAN, i.e. select the HUB directly on the tablet under WIFI and enter the access data in the BluOS app. The rest is done automatically, including the update to the latest BluOS version, here 3.18.7 (now it is 4.2.0).

Here now the first comparison to my 'normal' inputs on the M33
In the HUB menu the following items are not included:
- Autosense
- ADC sample rate (only for analog inputs)
- Gain (only for analog inputs)
- MQA passthrough (only for digital inputs)

The selection of the display VU meter, etc... for the HUB is done in the M33 menu under the item BluOS (radio services).
My surround decoder is about 5m away from my M33 and I can now avoid the long and lossy transmission with a HUB. In general, however, surround is still a provisional solution for me, since I am waiting for an M18 ;)

I also checked the input levels (M33 digital VU meter) and found no differences between the digital inputs of the HUB and the M33.
At the analog inputs of the HUB it looked different and there I could see a level difference of -2dB (no matter if Phono or Analog In) at the digital VU of the M33.

Here is the test setup in remote operation with Ortofon OMP10 MM system:

bluesound hub phono.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom