• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Binaural?

davidebond

Hi. I purchased a cd which contained also binaural files to listen to. Honestly, according to MY opinion, the original sound was better than the binaural, although the latter was at 24 bits. Why did it seem worse to me?

Thanks and best,

Davide

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Was your listening with speakers (what I do almost exclusively) or headphones? (Binaural tends to sound wonky through speakers, IMHO).

PHD

Binaural sounds only right if you listen to it with headphones.

Correct. But I understand that the new Denon AVRs such as the X4800H are expected to receive a FW update which will add a new sound decoding mode called 360 reality audio which will be able to decode 2.0 binaural content and play it using all 7.1.4 speakers.

D

Deleted member 48726

Correct. But I understand that the new Denon AVRs such as the X4800H are expected to receive a FW update which will add a new sound decoding mode called 360 reality audio which will be able to decode 2.0 binaural content and play it using all 7.1.4 speakers.
That sounds exciting. Don't know how that is going to be an accurate reproduction of sound though.

Top Bottom