• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Guy.Cohen

@Guy.Cohen - please re-install the updated version of MTA: https://app.box.com/s/ue7ll9xmvwogst817x2l1xg09opvgy47
and try to set a different external threshold. This new version is because I noticed the preview display was not updating when capturing External signal. This should now be fixed.
As I said, it solved my external source issue but it gave twice this strange screen of error (I have no shot of it now but you know, like Windows error style but of MTA).

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As I said, it solved my external source issue but it gave twice this strange screen of error (I have no shot of it now but you know, like Windows error style but of MTA).

If you do see these errors again, please post a screen shot or at least, what they said and when it happened :)

Guy.Cohen

Hi Paul, a 'gift' for you:

Attachments

• 17142958567097971697179477516391.jpg
    17142958567097971697179477516391.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 20
OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Please, see my shot

Thanks, Guy. How much memory do you have on your PC?

Based on where the error has occurred, I'd recommend you try to turn off Sinc-Interpolate for Waveform display, and show samples:

1714317135373.png

If you have a fairly limited amount of memory, I can see how Sinc-interpolate option can cause this kind of problem.

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
Mine gets weird.
(I tested the above too)

When measuring above 200Hz all is fine,graphics and stuff,when measuring below 100Hz is starting going crazy,specially the graphics.
The end result is correct as always but during the measurement is like stopping at a point,the "wait" cursor appears and then suddenly shows the result.
It's milder with lower sample rate 44.1k but as going higher 96k it gets worst.

Guy.Cohen

Thanks, Guy. How much memory do you have on your PC?

Based on where the error has occurred, I'd recommend you try to turn off Sinc-Interpolate for Waveform display, and show samples:

View attachment 366405

If you have a fairly limited amount of memory, I can see how Sinc-interpolate option can cause this kind of problem.
I have 32GB RAM, I7, Windows 11, relatively a new computer.
In a previous version (not the very previous) I also had such a problem that I have also sent to you then. Normally, in most versions no such a problem.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have 32GB RAM, I7, Windows 11, relatively a new computer.
In a previous version (not the very previous) I also had such a problem that I have also sent to you then. Normally, in most versions no such a problem.

Ok, try to turn off sinc interpolate to see if this helps at all. I have less memory than you, but somehow never see this error. Checking the amount of memory Multitone takes up while running, I don't see it ever exceeding 1GB during measurements or after, usually hovering at around 300MB or so.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine gets weird.
(I tested the above too)

When measuring above 200Hz all is fine,graphics and stuff,when measuring below 100Hz is starting going crazy,specially the graphics.
The end result is correct as always but during the measurement is like stopping at a point,the "wait" cursor appears and then suddenly shows the result.
A single tone below 200Hz does this? I'll see if I can reproduce.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes,about 50-60Hz with 256k FFT window.
Thanks, I can see what might be causing it. Computing THD with a low frequency fundamental can involve measuring hundreds of harmonics, the lower the frequency, the more harmonics are included below 1/2 the sample rate. The greater the sample rate, the more harmonics, also :) I'll have a fix for this in just a bit.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Thanks, I can see what might be causing it. Computing THD with a low frequency fundamental can involve measuring hundreds of harmonics, the lower the frequency, the more harmonics are included below 1/2 the sample rate. The greater the sample rate, the more harmonics, also :) I'll have a fix for this in just a bit.
The strange thing about it is that is fine at 20Hz!

Guy.Cohen

Ok, try to turn off sinc interpolate to see if this helps at all. I have less memory than you, but somehow never see this error. Checking the amount of memory Multitone takes up while running, I don't see it ever exceeding 1GB during measurements or after, usually hovering at around 300MB or so.
OK, it is the sinc interpolation that stop this error.
However, 32 Multitone test (uploaded from history) with 96Fs, 512K and 32Avg takes 3205.4Mb !

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine gets weird.
(I tested the above too)

Please try this version: I put a limit on the number of harmonics calculated during real-time preview. At least here it seems to speed things up a bit even at 96k and 256k FFTs:

https://app.box.com/s/ue7ll9xmvwogst817x2l1xg09opvgy47

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OK, it is the sinc interpolation that stop this error.
However, 32 Multitone test (uploaded from history) with 96Fs, 512K and 32Avg takes 3205.4Mb !

Still well within your memory capabilities :) I'll check as to what it's doing at that time to see if I can reduce the memory utilization.

Generally, MTA tells Microsoft not to do garbage collection during real-time operations, which could delay freeing up memory until after the measurement operation is completed. This can result in a lot of memory that's allocated but not freed until later.

Guy.Cohen

Still well within your memory capabilities :) I'll check as to what it's doing at that time to see if I can reduce the memory utilization.

Generally, MTA tells Microsoft not to do garbage collection during real-time operations, which could delay freeing up memory until after the measurement operation is completed. This can result in a lot of memory that's allocated but not freed until later.
I think sometimes it free only after I delete the shot.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello
Dumb question: How do I select my channels when an ASIO driver has plenty ?

View attachment 366426

All the channels are numbered. You can just enter the channel numbers into the channel selector (input or output). Left=1, Right=2, etc. For example:

1714323333798.png

Top Bottom