• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Grooved

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's likely not chip depentent, I tested with the another PC and with MT 1.0.35 it remembers the channels and when I updated from the 1.0.35 to 1.0.37, it now forgets the channel selections and defaults to L when I restart MT. I haven't tried MT 1.0.36 with that PC.
OK, I was not talking about the fact that it remembers or not the channels, just about the H2 being lower in the results on the R channel than on the L one :)

Rantapossu

I uninstalled MT on the PC2 and reinstalled it. Always defaults to L and L, regardless the card and channel combination when closing. Works on 1.0.35.

Rantapossu

OK, I was not talking about the fact that it remembers or not the channels, just about the H2 being lower in the results on the R channel than on the L one :)

Ok, you replied accidentally to my post and not pkane's post you intended, so I was a little confused... Now it's clear :)

Grooved

Ok, you replied accidentally to my post and not pkane's post you intended, so I was a little confused... Now it's clear :)
It was not accidentally that I quoted you and not @pkane , it's just that I thought your were talking about the H2 behaviour (and that you you didn't saw that until now because MT always starts with L channel if you don't change it). I've read your post too fast ;)

Sokel

Master Contributor
May we please have an MT watermark (AP style but nicer) on the snapshots?
Thank you very much :p

Sokel

Master Contributor
Is there a reason that FR sweep has different gain?

Sokel

Master Contributor
Without touching it (yes,I didn't break it THIS time)

sctrm.PNG

frs.PNG

Sokel

Master Contributor
Oh<and when it starts the sweep has different gain than going on.

Sokel

Master Contributor
To make it easier,it put 5 steps from 500 to 2000.
The level that reports down,beside the gain was:
-5.1db for the first step and
-9.1 for the next four

Is it me,or...

5s.PNG

Sokel

Master Contributor
And it's the same if I start from 250,50,etc.
First step -5.1 next ones -9.1

Rantapossu

I can confirm too that there's something fishy going on with the frequency sweep levels!

I'll try to find the pattern too.

Rantapossu

There is still the double gain problem with the frequency sweep. My measurement (with unity gain):

1. Tone: Play gain -3 dB, meter -6 dB, level on the bottom bar after the measurement -6 dB
2. Tone: Play gain -3 dB, meter -6 db, level on the bottom bar after the measurement -9 dB
3. Tone: Play gain -3 dB, meter -6 db, level on the bottom bar after the measurement -9 dB
4. Tone: Play gain -3 dB, meter -6 db, level on the bottom bar after the measurement -9 dB
5. Tone: Play gain -3 db, meter -6 db, level on the bottom bar after the measurement -9 db
etc.

The bottom bar has a different bug, it shows additional -3 dB less with the second measurement (-9 dB) and it continues to the end of the sweep:

1660413549833.png

Could it be the famous triple gain? :)

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There is still the double gain problem with the frequency sweep. My measurement (with unity gain):

1. Tone: Play gain -3 dB, meter -6 dB, level on the bottom bar after the measurement -6 dB
2. Tone: Play gain -3 dB, meter -6 db, level on the bottom bar after the measurement -9 dB
3. Tone: Play gain -3 dB, meter -6 db, level on the bottom bar after the measurement -9 dB
4. Tone: Play gain -3 dB, meter -6 db, level on the bottom bar after the measurement -9 dB
5. Tone: Play gain -3 db, meter -6 db, level on the bottom bar after the measurement -9 db
etc.

The bottom bar has a different bug, it shows additional -3 dB less with the second measurement (-9 dB) and it continues to the end of the sweep:

View attachment 224015

Could it be the famous triple gain? :)

The bottom bar display is showing RMS value, which is different than the normal peak value display -- fix is coming.

Top Bottom