• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best wireless ear buds

leonasj

Beats Fit Pro sound way more fun to me than AirPods (either gen). For workouts, AirPods just drop out of my ears. Beats Fit have little lugs that fit in your wing nuts nicely. Nice iOS integration too.
what im read beats fit pro use H1 chip,it is same as airpods pro and has neutral sound. airpods pro2 runs on H2 chip and is more V-shaped sound. correct?

staticV3

Master Contributor
what im read beats fit pro use H1 chip,it is same as airpods pro and has neutral sound. airpods pro2 runs on H2 chip and is more V-shaped sound. correct?
The Beats Fit Pro has more bass and more treble than the Airpods Pro 2:
Screenshot_20230506-144250_Chrome.png
So it is more V-shaped than the Airpods.

leonasj

best at this time maybe final audio ZE8000 ,also cheaper ZE3000 very impressive too for 150eur only,but lacks ANC

staticV3

Master Contributor
best at this time maybe final audio ZE8000 ,also cheaper ZE3000 very impressive too for 150eur only,but lacks ANC
VSG has measured the ZE8000 on two different firmware versions.

V1.8.0 looks like the driver's raw response w/o (much) DSP:
graph (24).png
Bloaty bass and an egregious treble spike.

V1.8.1 bizarrely has the pinna gain removed completely:
graph (25).png
That shows a substantial lack of understanding of acoustics and how the human ear hears.

Here are the two firmwares overlaid:
graph (26).png

So as for:
best at this time maybe final audio ZE8000
Maybe (definitely) not.

The ZE3000 is in VSG's database as well, but isn't any better really.
Here's the link: https://vsg.squig.link/?share=final_ZE8000_1.8.1,final_ZE8000_1.8.0

leonasj

VSG has measured the ZE8000 on two different firmware versions.

V1.8.0 looks like the driver's raw response w/o (much) DSP:
View attachment 284384
Bloaty bass and an egregious treble spike.

V1.8.1 bizarrely has the pinna gain removed completely:
View attachment 284385
That shows a substantial lack of understanding of acoustics and how the human ear hears.

Here are the two firmwares overlaid:
View attachment 284386

So as for:

Maybe (definitely) not.

The ZE3000 is in VSG's database as well, but isn't any better really.
Here's the link: https://vsg.squig.link/?share=final_ZE8000_1.8.1,final_ZE8000_1.8.0
thank you. very helps here. im like neutral sound ,so stopped see at ze8000. im airpods pro user,like sound ,specialy at ,balanced' settings on iphone. want something for road cycling,,im see at bose quietcomfort aerbuds or II, or beats fit pro. as apple can see drop from ears at fast speed.

staticV3

Master Contributor
thank you. very helps here. im like neutral sound ,so stopped see at ze8000. im airpods pro user,like sound ,specialy at ,balanced' settings on iphone. want sometnign better more detailed sound and see at noble audio pro mystique tws. can you get info how sounds noble and freequency graphs?
I was not able to find frequency response measurements of that IEM.
In general though, if you care about getting good value, skip brands like Final, Noble, Astell&Kern etc.

also for for road cycling see at bose quietcomfort aerbuds or II, or beats fit pro. as apple can see drop from ears at fast speed.
I don't recommend anyone use IEMs while cycling on the road.

leonasj

I was not able to find frequency response measurements of that IEM.
In general though, if you care about getting good value, skip brands like Final, Noble, Astell&Kern etc.

I don't recommend anyone use IEMs while cycling on the road.
another good answer. i had astell kern uw100 tws,they not comfy,big,sound not bad,but i dont hear difference vs airpods pro. my meze rai penta way waayy better sounds vs airpods pro or uw100. return them uw100 to seller and back to airpods pro. but for cycling i saw riders with airpods few times,but they not was quit on road as me. im fast on road. maybe only way use wired iems? because world tour pro riders use iems for talk with their comand

Last edited:

markanini

Major Contributor
I've been guilty or cycling with IEMs many times. It's a calculated risk with fully vented IEMSs with silicone tips, on designated bike lanes and familiar routes. But, a risk nonetheless. (Don't tell my insurance company) Some kind of solution to capture and monitor outside would be welcomed. I can't understand why this is almost never advertised in the IEM space.

leonasj

I've been guilty or cycling with IEMs many times. It's a calculated risk with fully vented IEMSs with silicone tips, on designated bike lanes and familiar routes. But, a risk nonetheless. (Don't tell my insurance company) Some kind of solution to capture and monitor outside would be welcomed. I can't understand why this is almost never advertised in the IEM space.
iems not for cycling as you cant hear cars or other riders and can real injury or trash?

Moderate Dionysianism

technics AZ60 is far better sound and has LDAC codec vs my airpods pro.,has magnetic case too and ANC.very comfortable fit, Im selling new boxed technics AZ60 just for 145eur. as not use,unwanted gift.
Got a pair of these last fall. LDAC works great with my LG V40, the Technics app is easy to use. Regarding the sound itself, I couldn't find an FR graph for them, but subjectively, they sound very 'V-tuned' to me, with bass and treble boosted, and little going on in the middle.

It's my first TW IEM and I expected a lot more isolation tbh. The Comply TW-400-C foams do the trick, but I hate having to compress them with my fingertips before inserting. Not a fan of the touch controls either - I keep pausing my tracks accidentally when trying to adjust the fit.

BTW, apparently, there's a new Sony flagship coming soon.

hege

Forum Donor
What do you mean? Doesn't pretty much every ANC capable IEM have a passthrough mode?

I cycle all the time with my sony xm4's, but not with passthrough as it just picks up the wind noise making it useless. But I ride on countryside roads and forest trails. No need to hear bears or cars behind me.

markanini

Major Contributor
What do you mean? Doesn't pretty much every ANC capable IEM have a passthrough mode?

I cycle all the time with my sony xm4's, but not with passthrough as it just picks up the wind noise making it useless. But I ride on countryside roads and forest trails. No need to hear bears or cars behind me.
Maybe because I'm only look at wired IEMs.

leonasj

does any know for road cycling better is with ANC tws? i have airpods pro, but they not good keeps in ears and can out due ride. im see at bose quitcomfort aerbuds as they more neutral sound vs quietcomfort II model.

Moonhead

Im not sure it’s recommended using IEMs while pedalling, anyway JBL Pro+ and Sony WF1000XM3 if neutral is your preference.

hege

Forum Donor
jbl or sony is bassy tws. also sony not for sports fitting body.
Atleast sony has EQ so it can be tuned bassy or not bassy. Never had XM4 drop or move in my ears while doing MTB-enduro, the foam tips are great (of course fitment is personal).

leonasj

Atleast sony has EQ so it can be tuned bassy or not bassy. Never had XM4 drop or move in my ears while doing MTB-enduro, the foam tips are great (of course fitment is personal).
im see that sony xm3 is nice aero fitting to ear. on road speeds 30-50km/h is better vs bose qietcomfort is too bulky and wind easy drops out of ear them. but see at beats fit pro aerbuds. those has good fit and deep in ear.maybe? also has H1 chip for iphone ios compability as airpods pro.as you talk can EQ for remove bass

Last edited:
Top Bottom