• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best studio monitors for $500 a pair?

Hey everyone!

Some time ago I created a thread asking for the best monitors for $300 a pair, and the finalists were the Adam T5Vs and the Kali LP-6s.

Well, now I wanted to actually buy them but I've thought that if I'm going to keep them for a long time maybe it is wise to spend a little more. So I went for $500 a pair. Also, my room is 3,82 x 2,71 x 2,53 meters (lenght, width, height), so I thought that maybe more than 5" would be overkill for my room (too much unhandled bass, you know).

So I decided to buy the Focal Alpha 50 Evos, whose sound I like quite a lot. The motto of this line, "Reveal everything", is very well suited, as I could hear things and details in songs with a superb clarity until now unknown for me. They excel at left-right imaging as well as a quite pleasing frequency response, IMO. Not so much deph tough, but it is still good.

Do you think I made a good choice? Do you have other alternatives for $500? I will be composing, producing, mixing and mastering with them. Also, although it may be obvious, nearfield listening.

Looking forward to your opinion!

Top Bottom