• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best set up advice for Denon X6700H

• Thread starter Deleted member 67830
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67830

Picking up a new AVR tomorrow and will be setting it up in 2.1 format for now. It will be connected via HDMI eArc to the TV as well as an android box. Will be setting the fronts to small and xo to 80Hz, sub xo to 120Hz. Looking for some advice on getting the most out of this set up.

1. For the sub, should it be set to LFE or LFE + Main?
2. Previously ran these speakers in bi amp stereo mode. Is there an up mixing tech that can help make this sound better that I should use like DTS-X, Pure Direct, etc?
3. Planned to run Audessey and turn off dynamic eq to boost sound levels. Yes?
4. Heard mixed thoughts on setting the sub level with Audessey - if I recall it likes the sub set at about 70db (in the green zone) but was advised to keep it in the red at 80db for tuning with Audessey for better bass?
5. Also heard mixed things about using the IOS app to set up the AVR in 2.1 format, messes with the bi-amp config. Any truth to this?
6. Music and video sources will be streaming over wi-fi. Currently using Spotify will be trialing Tidal and Qobuz perhaps Amazon Music. Will be using Amazon Video, Youtube, Tubi, Netflix, AirPlay to cast sports broadcasts from tablet to TV.
7. I was messing with the phase on the sub on with my previous AVR, how do I understand the proper setting for this. Just the ear test?

Thanks, appreciate any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom