• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best sabre ess9038 pro dac?

moetzmoet

Help me guys.

I tried the gustard x26. Very detailed, but not full enough sound.

Are there other better sabre9038pro dacs that Are better? Matrix? Schiit?

What do you guys think?

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Objectively: Topping D90SE is still objectively the best measuring and performing DAC.

Subjectively: ASR is not the place to discuss supposed sound differences between one excellent measuring and therefor transparant DAC and another.

Katji

Major Contributor
Very detailed, but not full enough sound.
I think that is a matter of DAC output voltage (as in DAC not DAC chip) and after that it is volume, amplifier + speakers. That is the only thing that "full" could mean. Because regardless of which DAC, "full" can only mean not lacking, not missing any component of signal.
Then the best indicator of [better] is the SINAD chart, signal versus noise+distortion, then you can go on to examine and compare whether noise or distortion is having the most significant effect on the SINAD number. ...And then you can decide whether or not any inaudible "better" is worth paying 2x or 3x as much.

MadMaxx

Late to the party, but I've had the FiiO K9 Pro ESS (dual 9038 Pro) for several months and am very pleased with its audio.

Last edited:
Top Bottom