• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best AV receiver only/Best Receiver and external for $3000?

AllTaken

I'm looking to power my 5.1.4 setup and have considered the x4700/4500. I've also looked into the Denon 8500 and can't decide if that's wasted money...

I see strong emphasis is given on reviews for external amplification and evaluation of the AV receivers as processors. What if I want to use the internal amps? What would other members recommend? If they're all terrible is there anything that can work as a processor with external amps to meet that budget?

Thanks

OP
A

AllTaken

Nothing special just some easy to drive Klipsch R-625FA x4 which are my side and front L/R, including up firing Atmos. Centre is a Klipsch RP-250C.

JonfromCB

Nothing special just some easy to drive Klipsch R-625FA x4 which are my side and front L/R, including up firing Atmos. Centre is a Klipsch RP-250C.

What was your final decision? I just found this post. I'm in the process of deciding between the 3700 or 4700 to use with an Emotiva Gen3 amp and would be curious to hear from you. Thanks

Top Bottom