• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audyssey with stereo speakers

ekdouglas

My lurking on this site has convinced me that I really should try DSP Room Correction. As I'm now putting together a home theater system that will also be used for critical listening I'm hoping that I'll be able to use Audyssey for my 2 main speakers only, in addition to my whole setup. I'm assuming that when I use Audyssey for my entire setup (mains, center and sides) it would be different from running it just for my mains.

Please correct or suggest as needed.

Thanks,

Eric

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
You can do it either way and choose what you like. For me, there is no good reason not to correct all the speakers, regardless of how many you use for listening.

OP
E

ekdouglas

Kal--

Thanks for your response.

Having never used DSP Room Correction and having a very limited understanding of its implimentation, I have a follow-up question:

Do I just run the Room Correction once with all 5 speakers or do I run it twice, once with the all the speakers active and then again with just the two front (stereo) speakers active?

Thanks.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Kal--

Thanks for your response.

Having never used DSP Room Correction and having a very limited understanding of its implimentation, I have a follow-up question:

Do I just run the Room Correction once with all 5 speakers or do I run it twice, once with the all the speakers active and then again with just the two front (stereo) speakers active?

Thanks.
Just once. However, if you have subs and use bass management for the 5.x, the single calibration will use the bass management even when listening only in stereo and that may be something you object to. I do not.

OP
E

ekdouglas

Kal--

Thanks for lending me your expertise. I very much appreciate it.

Eric

Top Bottom