• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiosource RIP?

wemist01

Audiosource, headquartered in Tigard, OR. Specialties are multi-zone amps. Looks like they may be belly-up. The Audiosource website is down, as is Tri Lion's site, their parent company. So be warned if you are shopping their gear. Warranties are only as good as the health of the parent company.

I have a limited relationship with them. Couldn't get an AD5012 anywhere and ended up ordering a B-stock item direct from them at discount. Got to hear how they were not getting new stock due to supply chain issues- hardware stuck on boats and not gettin in to the US.

Even though they said the unit was likely fine, the B-stock 5012's optical digital input turned out to be verifiably defective - audio cuts in and out randomly whatever the source, whatever the cable (does this issue sound familiar to anyone?). Should be covered by warranty. They were good on emails where the sale process was concerned, but haven't been able to get an email back from them for a month. On th eplus side, I don't need it to D/A for me, so the 12-zone amp still does everything I need it to. If they are defunct, I'm OK for now, even though I would have preferred to exchange the unit for one with working digital input.

If anyone has any more news on them, feel free to share.

Tks

Major Contributor
Got to hear how they were not getting new stock due to supply chain issues- hardware stuck on boats and not gettin in to the US.

This nonsense still going on? Goodness..

Top Bottom