• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophile hobby is a scam?

Why look for something else if HyperX Cloud Alpha sounds good?

because everyone said 'alphas has too much bass its not audiophile'
but it turns out that i like the increased bass, and i dont like the open back 'audiophile' sound

because everyone said 'alphas has too much bass its not audiophile'
but it turns out that i like the increased bass, and i dont like the open back 'audiophile' sound
I don't like open backs either. I wonder what you would think of AKG K371 or Beyerdynamic DT770. The later are often available to demo in pro audio/instrument stores if you live close to a larger city.

I don't like open backs either. I wonder what you would think of AKG K371 or Beyerdynamic DT770. The later are often available to demo in pro audio/instrument stores if you live close to a larger city.

Beyerdynamic has very harsh tremble, its made only for studio use. AKG has really poor build quality. For closed backs i think there's nothing better than Hyperx or Logitech Astro. The audiophile are overpriced and not worth it imo

Beyerdynamic has very harsh tremble, its made only for studio use. AKG has really poor build quality. For closed backs i think there's nothing better than Hyperx or Logitech Astro. The audiophile are overpriced and not worth it imo
Depends on the model. Warm ones like DT770 DT250 would have general appeal. The brighter ones are open back and are for detail chasers.

True. Newer versions of Beyer are a bit more tame. Older ones are too much for me even though I like it a bit bright and always open back.

Back
Top Bottom