• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arya Organic Headphones

Googolbyte

Forum Donor
Any impressions or frequency responses? I'm having trouble finding the latter.

Soria Moria

I bought one today. Sadly don’t have any measurements but here is my summary: sounds like the Arya but slightly less treble forward and still bright. Might just be my hearing but when using a tone generator there are noticeable peaks around 7 and 10 kHz. If you’re trying to decide on whether the headphone is worth it or not I would discard my opinions and either try it yourself or wait for measurements..

OP
Googolbyte

Googolbyte

Forum Donor
Definitely waiting on those measurements. My go to cans have been the Audeze Maxwell, and while they're not "hi-fi" or marketed as such, the ability to EQ them to my liking and their default profile matching fairly close to Harman and sounding great made a great impression on me.

Given Amir's review of the Stealths, and since these Arya's use the same magnets, I'm hoping they're the "High Quality" version of the headphone that I would spend $$$ on.

Soria Moria

IMG_6317.jpeg

I don’t know what this messy looking target is but the Organic does look bright as I’ve been hearing!

OP
Googolbyte

Googolbyte

Forum Donor
Eeeeeesh. What the hell is this? LOL I don't know why hifiman has to go balls to the walls at 5k+ when the bass shelf isn't even that high to begin with. There isn't even any boost in 500 to justify that large treble shelf.

This looks terrible. I don't know why Hifiman loves its upper treble regions so much. Realistically speaking the only way I myself could listen is by lowering the output by 10DB, which recesses literally everything except the screeching details. There is simply way too much 5k+ here.

My preferences look closer to a +5DB bass shelf and -5DB shelf in the 5k+ region. Sometimes I'll add a little 500hz for ambient warmth, which would be a requirement most likely from me when using these headphones.

I love my Maxwells even more now. Thank you for staying on top of this and sharing.

Last edited:

Dxnc

As an owner and fan of the Arya Stealth, I am curious about comparisons. Some mainstream reviews follow the marketing: "Organic gives us the best of the V2 and Stealth without the flaws... best Arya ever". But other reviewers and owners are inconsistent at best. Bass response, subjective treble brightness, and soundstage are reported so differently that I can't pin down a consensus of character. Measurements are helpful to an extent. But Imaging and soundstage are very important to me for example, and they are harder to infer from frequency response beyond theoretical ideas like midrange scoop, etc.

To demonstrate what I mean, the first four reviews that I found in Goolge search that directly compared SE and Organic had four different takes on staging:

Headphonia says stage is smaller: "For the soundstage, the Arya SE sounds wider and better layered."
MajorHifi says stage is slightly smaller: "I find the Arya Organic to possess a slightly smaller stage"
Ear-fidelity says stage is slightly bigger: "Finally, the soundstage, which is also very similar... there is a bit more space than in Arya V3 SE"
Bloom Audio says stage is bigger: "brings back much of the clarity and width in the soundstage that V3 lost"

I can't speak to the reputation or expertise of these specific opinions, but it's in line with what I found in general. Maybe it just means that they sound almost exactly the same and most of the differences are all down to psychoacoustics.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Blorg

You need to bear in mind that the B&K 5128 gives a boosted response in the treble, it's reportedly bright but it's not that bright. The same peak that is there on the B&K 5128 graph is a dip on GRAS measurements. Still bright for sure though.

bc5986ea9740e7068681fa66cef9559797c6b7bf.jpeg

Note the 8khz constructive interference feature on the B&K 5128 (the peak there) isn’t something that we should expect to be perceptually relevant. It’s very likely this is similar to the 9khz dip on the GRAS systems which should also be ignored. So while it may look peaky, it’s really just that the whole range is boosted.

Soria Moria

From Techpowerup. The Organic seems to measure better here than elsewhere. Needs to bring down the treble a bit but otherwise it’s decent.

Attachments

• IMG_6698.png
    IMG_6698.png
    280.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_6699.png
    IMG_6699.png
    316.5 KB · Views: 183

Soria Moria

By the way, that squid database has an equaliser that you can now use for the headphone. Very useful tool! :D

Loomynarty

You need to bear in mind that the B&K 5128 gives a boosted response in the treble, it's reportedly bright but it's not that bright. The same peak that is there on the B&K 5128 graph is a dip on GRAS measurements. Still bright for sure though.

bc5986ea9740e7068681fa66cef9559797c6b7bf.jpeg

If anything the BK 5128 should be closer to how the average person hears a headphone due to its acoustic impedance being closer to that of a human compared to GRAS rigs.

Soria Moria

Caution to anyone who wants these and who wears glasses, they are VERY noisy. Any form of movement of your head cause the glasses to make a very loud annoying rubbing sound with the earpads. It's to the point where I'm considering getting a different pair of headphones since I can't not use glasses. Maybe I should just get Morpheus glasses that sit on my nose.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Yes, those pads make quite loud squeeky noises. All those pads do by the way.
This is almost never mentioned in reviews.

Soria Moria

Yes, those pads make quite loud squeeky noises. All those pads do by the way.
This is almost never mentioned in reviews.
Not related to the topic of the thread but does the LCD-2 make noise like that? I know you’ve had that headphone. I’ve had the LCD-2 Classic and LCD-XC and they didn’t, so I assume the LCD-2 is the same.

Top Bottom