• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arcam SA 30 to Lyngdorf TDAI 1120?? Enough for the room?

Witterings

I currently have an Arcam SA30 and am thinking about changing it for the Lyngdorf 1120 mainly because it has Bass Management which may be beneficial for my current environment.

I have 2 concerns about swapping them out:

1/. I've seen a couple of comments saying the Arcam is is probably the "better" amp for sound, not sure if anybody has any thoughts or experience on this?

2/. My 2nd concern would be if the Lyngdorf's powerful enough for the room, the immediate listening area is 21.33 sq mtrs but the room is open plan and is a total of 36.22 sq mtrs, hard then to describe but the part furthest away is a waste height wall for a large part with a full height opening the size of a big doorway into another quite large kitchen / living area.

The immediate listening area is the critical part and I'm not looking to drown the whole area with sound but with a large space sound can easily get lost and sound "thin" as it does if I try bookshelf speakers in that room.

Another just general question, is there any way I can tell which amp may be better for low level listening?

Top Bottom