• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anybody have any information on this particular USD $25 Fosi Audio USB-DAC, pre-amp, and amplifier?

NewbieAudiophileExpert

ampguy

I have one, was using it to power a pair of these (https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.c...0e-diy-kanspea-3-full-range-speaker-kit-pair/) on a computer desk, it's ok for med to low volumes, I didn't use the DAC or BT, the main input is a Chromecast audio as a Roon endpoint, which has 3.5" analog out, and switch that with occasional computer audio output with a Schiit SYS 2 input preamp. You want a 19V or 24V DC adapter although a 12V will work for low to medium volumes. I've since replaced it with a TPA 3xxx amp, and at some point may upgrade further to a topping or smsl dac amp, maybe black friday, but currently it's fine for what it's used for.

Top Bottom