• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any hope for quality audio

ta240

Major Contributor
Am I the only one that finds the radios in rental cars almost always with the treble and bass set to max. If this is how most like to listen then what hope do we have? I know some aren't the greatest sounding systems but some of the higher end cars aren't terrible and those settings don't improve it.

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Am I the only one that finds the radios in rental cars almost always with the treble and bass set to max. If this is how most like to listen then what hope do we have? I know some aren't the greatest sounding systems but some of the higher end cars aren't terrible and those settings don't improve it.
A couple of times after I got my car serviced in dealership, I found someone did the same to my stereo. I don't know why....

BillH

Forum Donor
I suspect that the rental car company individuals who service and clean the interior of the cars or drive them from the service area to the customer parking lot prefer their favorite radio stations to be EQ'd in this fashion.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
LOL the last time I had a rental car indeed the bass/treble were set that way......

LightninBoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Back when I traveled, one of the first things I did when entering the rental was to fix the sound settings > Adjust seat, set mirrors, fix wacked sound settings.

But honestly, I think headphones are the biggest offenders for propagating false impressions of what is good (neutral) sound.

Vince2

Reminds me of staying in a hotel recently, very nice, but the color settings of the tv were horrible and the remote had no way to adjust it.

izeek

Frankly, I truly find that the majority of people don't know or care about sound quality period let alone in a rental car.
For instance, I ran an informal survey among about a dozen family members on their listening habits, car and/or home. Frfr, only two had any preferences. I am one of two that actually has a kit, out of six siblings. My brother has a decent HT he uses for music as well. Nowhere near my modest one. He definitely has a bit more bass and treble than I would but...
All that to say that its not just rental cars though you are spot one about them. And what some other posters said.
Ever get in the car with someone and the music sound quality makes you cringe but they have it turned up loud because they think its sounds good(and it probably does for them)?

Top Bottom