• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Another USB DAC device that has Optical, Coax and RCA outputs, Like the Topping D10S

JasonC331

Forum Donor
A while back I asked if there was a DAC that had multiple outputs versus inputs, thanks to the group I was introduced to the Topping D10S which is a nice device. I was wondering if anyone knew of any others that follow this feature.

OP
JasonC331

JasonC331

Forum Donor
So is the Topping D10's the only USB DAC that offers 3 Stereo outputs, Just like the D10s.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Do you mean multiple stereo outputs or multiple channel outputs?

OP
JasonC331

JasonC331

Forum Donor
Multiple Stereo Outputs.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Well, I can route a stereo pair output to my 8 channel DACs and get 4 stereo pairs.

OP
JasonC331

JasonC331

Forum Donor
:) You guy's are killing me, Just looking to see if there is another USB DAC (because my main source is my PC) this will feed the Anthem MRX

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OKTO DAC8PRO... Struck-out according to the change of the thread title.

Last edited:
OP
JasonC331

JasonC331

Forum Donor
Parasound P6 has USB input. I'm not sure why the snark.
I've changed the title so there is no confusion on what I am looking for.

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Ikko Zerda has optical output, though no coax and RCA. Seems to be out-of-stock now or discontinued by Ikko, though. Perhaps pro audio gear from RME or Focusrite?

jeffbook

Why do you want digital outputs from a DAC?

The Topping D10s can also serve as a USB bridge at a very reasonable price if you have another DAC you want to use. It is especially useful if you are dealing with an active speaker system such as those designed by Siegfried Linkwitz which require EQ and crossover functions that go along with DAC functions. If miniDSP units such as the 4x10HD or the 2x4HD are used in Linkwitz or other active multiway designs, they have been found by measurement to have better performance using their digital inputs as opposed to their analog inputs.

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As mentioned there are a ton of pro audio interfaces that have analog and digital outputs. I have a MOTU Ultralite Mk5 which has 10 channels of analog output as SPDIF and TOSLINK outputs. Several MiniDSP products have similar functionality (4X10HD, SHD).

That being said doubt you will find anything cheaper than the D10.

Michael

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Topping D10s can also serve as a USB bridge at a very reasonable price if you have another DAC you want to use. It is especially useful if you are dealing with an active speaker system such as those designed by Siegfried Linkwitz which require EQ and crossover functions that go along with DAC functions. If miniDSP units such as the 4x10HD or the 2x4HD are used in Linkwitz or other active multiway designs, they have been found by measurement to have better performance using their digital inputs as opposed to their analog inputs.
EQ and crossover functions aren't capabilities of most DACs. I'm asking why one would want the digital outputs from a DAC.

virtua

Fiio E10 and E10K have coax and line out but no optical.

jeffbook

EQ and crossover functions aren't capabilities of most DACs. I'm asking why one would want the digital outputs from a DAC.

As I first stated in my post, the D10s serves as an excellent USB bridge in addition to its DAC function if your are streaming via a USB port and you want to use a different DAC via the SPDIF outputs for whatever reason instead of the D10s DAC output. In my system, the miniDSP is necessary given its additional capabilities beyond serving as a DAC for use in a Linkwitz designed system. Having said that, the D10s analog outputs feed a JDS Atom headphone amp in my system. I am using the D10s both as a DAC and a USB bridge. Double the value for the price paid.

By the way, Go Bucks!

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
O-H!

Yeah, but I'm still a bit confused. I understand why one purchases a multifunction device in order to accomplish many things; that's the fundamental reason we have products like integrated amplifiers, AVRs and combo DAC-headphone amps. And I understand why you would want a miniDSP (I think of them as DSPs first and foremost). But bypassing the excellent DAC section of the D10s is what is puzzling to me. I don't understand why anyone would bypass that DAC in order to feed a different DAC via a digital signal output.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, and if you want to quit the interaction out of frustration with my inability to understand, I won't be offended.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
O-H!

Yeah, but I'm still a bit confused. I understand why one purchases a multifunction device in order to accomplish many things; that's the fundamental reason we have products like integrated amplifiers, AVRs and combo DAC-headphone amps. And I understand why you would want a miniDSP (I think of them as DSPs first and foremost). But bypassing the excellent DAC section of the D10s is what is puzzling to me. I don't understand why anyone would bypass that DAC in order to feed a different DAC via a digital signal output.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, and if you want to quit the interaction out of frustration with my inability to understand, I won't be offended.
I recently ordered the D10 balanced. I have one computer, two alternate systems. One is the unusual class D amp with only SPDIF input. I'll use the pass thru on the D10 for that. The other is a balanced pair of powered monitors. The two systems are physically near each other, so I can use the one computer and that one device to provide source material for both systems. It is an odd situation, but for the price of the Topping it isn't too dear for the functionality I get.

OP
JasonC331

JasonC331

Forum Donor
Why do you want digital outputs from a DAC?
My Current AVR MRx740 is all Digitial inputs. Meaning there is no way to bypass.
My Current D10s seem to be prone to dropouts ( cant narrow it down) a lot of troubleshooting.

At the End of the day, I'm looking for the best way to get the cleanest audio from my PC which is next to the AVR in a Home Cinema Arrangement

Top Bottom