• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10s Line out dead?

anaphylaxus

Hello everyone!
Hoping for some help with the following - since November 2022, I've had a Topping D10s connected to the PC, with the line out connected to a Fosi BT20A-S and a pair of bookshelf speakers.

It's always worked a treat, but after doing some cable management last week on our study, it seems the line out on the D10s isn't working. At best, I get some static or clicking.

I've changed out the USB cable, tried it with an externally powered hub, tested with another computer, and swapped out the RCA's, with no success.

I have tested the TOSLINK output on the D10s, and that still works, but that doesn't help me with my current set up.

The problem also isn't with the amp, because feeding it output from the PC MB works, as does the Bluetooth.

I've opened up the D10s and inspected but I can't see (or smell) any obviously fried (or loose) bits.

Has anyone encountered similar and solved it?

It's out of warranty and I don't think shipping it out and back will be financially sensible.

Grateful for any assistance or input (lol, input)!

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It might sound dumb, but if it happened while moving cables, check with a bright light in the USB socket for dust in there. I've had some Topping DACs loosen up on the USB port, but usually switching to a new cable helped. Any hair or dust could be doing it if that happened the time you setup cables again.

OP
A

anaphylaxus

It might sound dumb, but if it happened while moving cables, check with a bright light in the USB socket for dust in there. I've had some Topping DACs loosen up on the USB port, but usually switching to a new cable helped. Any hair or dust could be doing it if that happened the time you setup cables again.
Thanks for the suggestion!

I'll double check, but I suspect the USB input is functional - when I connected it up to a laptop and used the optical output to my soundbar, it seemed to work fine.

But I'll try clean it out in any case - thank you!

Top Bottom