• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Android based Tablet as Roon/Bluos display/control?

EB1000

Hi

I have an idea to use a Tablet that will run room app 24/7, which will add a display to my node 2i. It should have a 7 to 10" screen, LCD-LED and not OLED, so it won't Burt. Also, I must have a USB port that will support a wireless USB keyboard.

Another option is to use an Android TV-box, which will be connected to a small PC monitor with touch capabilities.

What do you think of this idea, and which Tablet device would you recommend?

Thanks

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think you're probably in the wrong place to get the best answers to your question tbh, you're not involving the tablet in the audio chain if I understand correctly.

But if thats ALL you want it for, cheap Android tablets abound. The Roon control app runs well enough on my otherwise horrid old Fire tablet. The biggest problem will be screen quality- suggest you check usual retailers and review sites.

OP
EB1000

EB1000

Roon forum member recommended using a rooted Fire HD 8 in "single app mode" and room set to never let the screen turn off. But I'm not sure if the Fire HD 8 can be used with a USB wireless keyboard to control room app without touching the Fire HD's screen

Top Bottom