• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

analog filters vs software filter/editing

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think you've just acknowledged that my example is correct.
I did start with “granted” ;)

But the digital filter is in the end much more capable: higher stopband, lower distortion, much steeper, and phase linear.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I did start with “granted” ;)

But the digital filter is in the end much more capable: higher stopband, lower distortion, much steeper, and phase linear.
Truedat. :D

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Didn't all those discrete electrons in vacuum tubes make little stairsteps? I'm sure some of the notes in the music got missed, too.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Didn't all those discrete electrons in vacuum tubes make little stairsteps? I'm sure some of the notes in the music got missed, too.
No, I’m tubes electrons are obviously fields. You will only see discrete electrons in digital electronics.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No, I’m tubes electrons are obviously fields. You will only see discrete electrons in digital electronics.
It was my big chance to use my minor in psuedo-science :D

Top Bottom