• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amplificatore Nad VS Rotel RA 1592/RA6000

Alexx

Good morning.

I would like to change my Nad C399 amplifier

Among those that have the characteristics I'm looking for, I've seen:

Rotel 1592 MK2 (about 2000 euros)
Rotel RA 6000 (3400 Euros)

Do you think the timbre is comparable to the Nad 399?

I'm not selling the Nad because I don't like the sound, but because I need an extra optical input and the ability to control two pairs of speakers completely independently.

I read about Rotel that they are cold, tiring in the high frequencies and not very musical, etc. but it's true?

Last tip, do you think there is a big difference in quality between the 1592 MK2 and the new RA 6000, both having the same power but a huge price difference?

Possibly only those who have listened to or know these brands and know what they say (without personal prejudices) otherwise everything is more complicated in the choice if they are only personal opinions ...
Thank you in advance.

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I looked up the amps in Google to compare their specs and found an interesting offer for the RA 6000:

Seems like a bargain. I can't comment on sound characteristics of the mentioned amps (haven't experienced any of them) but as long as they are competently build and not pushed to the limits, there won't be any sound difference in a proper conducted blind comparison. All sighted subjective impressions are useless due to expectation bias (which is discussed a countless times here on ASR).

Not very helpful, I know ;)

OP
A

Alexx

Anyway, thank you for your interest and reply.

Let's see if any other user has had experience with these brands....unfortunately the Nad as much as I like it lacks some necessary features that I'm looking for and need.
See you soon and good day.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not selling the Nad because I don't like the sound, but because I need an extra optical input and the ability to control two pairs of speakers completely independently.
I don't think this can be done with any stereo amplifier at the same time. It would need separate power amps for each of the 4 speakers.

OP
A

Alexx

@LTig :
No.

The Rotel RA1592-RA6000 are the only ones (at least that I know of) that can do it without problems and for my case it is very useful

The Nad, on the other hand, has the double parallel output, therefore it activates both together or deactivates both of them (almost useless function, and the same was unable to give me a reason).

What I'd like to understand is how much I'm losing in terms of quality (I like the tone tending towards warm and with unobtrusive mid-highs like Nad).

And especially if the RA-6000 model (just released) deserves the higher price of almost 1500 euros compared to the RA-1592MK2 model.
Thank you very much for helping.

Top Bottom