• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp/dac recommendation

rodi1i

Hi all, I totally can't believe I found the audio science review heaven place, but finally I made it! My question is regarding an amp/dac to use on my laptop. For now I will be driving ATH msr7b on it. I hopefully will try the balanced (4.4) connection. My budget is around 150€. I am based in Bulgaria, Europe. So it will be hard enough to get something from the US. While out I use a Fiio m9 with the ATH. In my ears they sound pretty good, even though I am using them SE. Yes, I could use the m9 as an USB dac, but I hope to find something better.

Rivals left on the stage are:
- Ifi zen dac
- Fiio k5 pro
- Fiio q3 thx balanced
- Whatever you can recommend me

So on one side the ifi and q3 are low on power, but are portable (no dc is needed). So I can carry them anytime and anywhere, so as for the k5 - it has both power and a dc, which is kinda limiting if I'd want to work remotely without a power supply. My only anxiety regarding low powered dacs is if I was to upgrade my headphones in future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom