• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 RCA volume control

Birdy

I just got my second Aiyima A07 which i use to drive a subwoofer. I have a Aiyima pre tube amp (A03) which is connected to the first 07 amp for the main speakers. I use the line out of the 07 power amp to drive a Boss BX55 sub crossover which is connected to the RCA of the second Aiyima A07. I get sound but the volume control of the amp does not affect the volume, looks like i get a line signal by RCA..i can control the volume by crossover but would like to use the volume control on the amp it self. What could have happend?

Last edited:

Zek

Major Contributor
I get sound but the volume control of the amp does affect the volume, looks like i get a line signal by RCA..i can control the volume by crossover but would like to use the volume control on the amp it self. What could have happend?
Something is not the clearest in what is written.
You can write in a little more detail what it is and how it is connected, and where you don't have the ability to regulate the volume.

JeffGB

I just got my second Aiyima A07 which i use to drive a subwoofer. I have a Aiyima pre tube amp (A03) which is connected to the first 07 amp for the main speakers. I use the line out of the 07 power amp to drive a Boss BX55 sub crossover which is connected to the RCA of the second Aiyima A07. I get sound but the volume control of the amp does affect the volume, looks like i get a line signal by RCA..i can control the volume by crossover but would like to use the volume control on the amp it self. What could have happend?
It sounds like you are trying to use the jack on the Aiyima A07 as a subwoofer out but the input jack is in parallel with the RCA input and before the volume control of the Aiyima. If you have the skills you might be able to rewire the 1/8 jack input to be after the volume control, but it isn't designed to work that way.

OP
Birdy

Birdy

It sounds like you are trying to use the jack on the Aiyima A07 as a subwoofer out but the input jack is in parallel with the RCA input and before the volume control of the Aiyima. If you have the skills you might be able to rewire the 1/8 jack input to be after the volume control, but it isn't designed to work that way.
That could be the case, i discovered when i drive the Aiyima 07 direct with my DAC i have the same problem, the volume control is not working. Looks like the pot. is not working? I am using the jack line out to my sub crossover, same situation, no volume on the amp. I can use the volume in my crossover but prefer a volume on the amp.
DAC -> Pre Amp Aiyima tube 03 RCA -> amp 1 (main speakers) -> line out jack 07 amp to crossover boss BX55 RCA in / out -> RCA amp 2 subwoofer

Last edited:
OP
Birdy

Birdy

Something is not the clearest in what is written.
You can write in a little more detail what it is and how it is connected, and where you don't have the ability to regulate the volume.
DAC -> Pre Amp Aiyima tube 03 -> amp 1 -> line out jack 07 amp to crossover boss BX55 -> amp 2 subwoofer

Zek

Major Contributor
DAC -> Pre Amp Aiyima tube 03 -> amp 1 -> line out jack 07 amp to crossover boss BX55 -> amp 2 > subwoofer
Line out jack from amp 1 are not affected with volume control, it's only passthrough.
You can regulate subwoofer volume only by amp 2 volume control or by Boss.

OP
Birdy

Birdy

Line out jack from amp 1 are not affected with volume control, it's only passthrough.
You can regulate subwoofer volume only by amp 2 volume control or by Boss.
yes, the thing is that the volume on amp 2 is not working, it's new, just arrived but the potentiometer looks dead... but sound is working (?) so only volume control by Boss..

OP
Birdy

Birdy

Then you got a broken device, try to return it.
i think it is... won't send it back about the hustle, it's working and i had it with a big discount.. probably they knew it had a isseu. ;-) thanks for responding.

Zek

Major Contributor
it's working
If you are a little skilled with a soldering iron, you can throw out that broken potentiometer and short-circuit the input RCAs and get a power amplifier.;)

Top Bottom