• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 PRO

Bowflex

So I recieved my A07 pro and hooked it up. It seems very weak for 70 watts a channel. I have it running two 6 ohm Tannoy Eclipse One bookshelf speakers and need to have it three quarters of the way up to have it at a semi loud volume. This is on Bluetooth mind you, will check the aux in and report back

AIYIMA:GUO

So I recieved my A07 pro and hooked it up. It seems very weak for 70 watts a channel. I have it running two 6 ohm Tannoy Eclipse One bookshelf speakers and need to have it three quarters of the way up to have it at a semi loud volume. This is on Bluetooth mind you, will check the aux in and report back
Excuse me, are you RCA input or Bluetooth?

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

The
The 3.5mm jack on the back is not AUX in. The two inputs for the A07 Pro are Bluetooth and RCA

Also... What are you using to power the amp?

Last edited:
OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

Update:

I have now just secured 5 SS3602 Dual Discrete op-amps from SparkosLabs!

Truth be told. I did intend on listening to the Pro and seeing what it sounded like. I totally expected 17 days on the shipping. I got it a few days early though and was unprepared. At least now I can go forward with my goals.

Amir kindly thanked me and graciously declined my offer to send in the amplifier for testing. He in turn asked me if I wanted it reviewed. I believe he will ask Aiyima for a unit.

I'm looking forward to his findings. I'm also looking forward to seeing what a full boat of discrete op-amps will do to this pro-not so pro-pro Amp.

If I put this in the chain of my main minirig. I will need to acquire some new interconnects as the inputs and outputs will be a bit different than my A07

Last edited:
OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

Interconnects are on the way. The IC's I have been auditioning lately are 75ohm silver plated copper coax made by Inntak Hi-Fi. These will take a while to arrive. The other IC's I have are custom Canare RCA's from performance audio. I'll have to wait on picking up a set of these for the changes in the runs to the Pro amp and then to the sub amp. All good though. I like playing with different types of cables every so often.

On SparkosLabs... Andrew feels that Aiyima's voltage regulator in the pro won't handle 5 op-amps. I also think the op-amps that are included are not authentic. They're kind of cheap to acquire anyway, so I may pick up a set of them from mouser.

If anyone following this thread has done any extensive IC op-amp testing/listening, please feel free to suggest which of the op-amps that Aiyima lists that you have an affinity for or others not listed that you have experience with. They list - SR3609SM, OPA2604, OPA2314, LM4562, JRC5532, OP275GSZ, OPA1612AIDR, etc.

Last edited:

sthaus

Opa1612 is one of an op amp with reasonable price so far I used .. it was selected in most of Chinese Dacs like smsl and topping .. Without my Pre tube EQ equipped .. it provides a clean and clinical sound signature .. a bit digital, dynamic and average sound stage. My test was on quad speakers setup.

Sparkos SS3602 is a bit overkill in specs (I don’t have tool for real measurement) .. But even though I replaced it in my previous (2 in) A07 or mixed in A07Pro, the real sound experience doesn’t match sound quality vs cost I spent for a budget product like Aiyima .. I’m still waiting for my new PSU 42v x 9.5a to replace my current 48vx5a for any change of improvement.

I hope you could give us your experience on sound with 5x sparkos opamp. Much appreciated. Specs paper doesn’t really reflect all listening experience in personal case.

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

Opa1612 is one of an op amp with reasonable price so far I used .. it was selected in most of Chinese Dacs like smsl and topping .. Without my Pre tube EQ equipped .. it provides a clean and clinical sound signature .. a bit digital, dynamic and average sound stage. My test was on quad speakers setup.

Sparkos SS3602 is a bit overkill in specs (I don’t have tool for real measurement) .. But even though I replaced it in my previous (2 in) A07 or mixed in A07Pro, the real sound experience doesn’t match sound quality vs cost I spent for a budget product like Aiyima .. I’m still waiting for my new PSU 42v x 9.5a to replace my current 48vx5a for any change of improvement.

I hope you could give us your experience on sound with 5x sparkos opamp. Much appreciated. Specs paper doesn’t really reflect all listening experience in personal case.
I will agree that there is a fair amount of cost vs value vs sound improvement going on here. If the A07 Pro doesn't blow up because of the limited voltage regulators, it still remains to be seen how much improvement 1 op-amp makes per channel and is it vastly improved with 2 per channel. With the remaining 5th, which seems to be first in the internal chain, one wonders the role it plays. Perhaps using 3 is sufficient, perhaps only 2.

Thank you for your reply. Are you saying @sthaus that you put the two SS3602's you originally had in your A07 and put them in the A07 PRO ? I want to understand your experience. I know there tends to be a fair amount of time between listening to a stock pro Amp then swapping out the op-amps and then listening again with the changes. But still, did I understand you correctly? Was there a worthwhile improvement? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

sthaus

I was original purchased 2 xA07 2x T2 Pre and 2x DY649SA, 10x Opa1612 (for my pre-amp(s) as well) and later with 2x expensive sparkos opa.

I got a latest A07 Pro last week but did not really satisfy after tried on 2x sparkos and 3x 1612 .. it’s work but still hmmm I’m not sure it will go wild with 5 sparkos ..

For a/b test .. A07 and A07Pro with all opa1612, tested on direct dac e50, Sabaj a20d 2022 and loxjie d50. I found the soundstage is reduce a bit on A07Pro, and not so great if I don’t adjust the tone control. I’m not so sure the “pro” mean .. Later I changed 2 sparkos + 3x1612 to A07Pro, and the result doesn’t really much improved.. not like day and night .. or i could say 5-10% might be !! I think I will need a blind test ..

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

I was original purchased 2 xA07 2x T2 Pre and 2x DY649SA, 10x Opa1612 (for my pre-amp(s) as well) and later with 2x expensive sparkos opa.

I got a latest A07 Pro last week but did not really satisfy after tried on 2x sparkos and 3x 1612 .. it’s work but still hmmm I’m not sure it will go wild with 5 sparkos ..

For a/b test .. A07 and A07Pro with all opa1612, tested on direct dac e50, Sabaj a20d 2022 and loxjie d50. I found the soundstage is reduce a bit on A07Pro, and not so great if I don’t adjust the tone control. I’m not so sure the “pro” mean .. Later I changed 2 sparkos + 3x1612 to A07Pro, and the result doesn’t really much improved.. not like day and night .. or i could say 5-10% might be !! I think I will need a blind test ..
Would you say that the A07 improves the most when using the 2 SS3602 SparkosLabs op-amps? And the "pro" not so much? Is the A07 simply the better amp? I think this is most likely the case. This "pro" not being pro at all. More like a joke. Save your money folks... Is that where we are headed?

Andrew at SparkosLabs thinks these op-amps are actually in the tone control circuits and if that is true, then only when they are used would they affect the sound. There is also no tone defeat switch. It is possible that the single op-amp socket on the side is the only place to "improve" the overall output of the Amp.

What we need is 5 or 6 A07 pro units... One stock, one having the single op-amp swapped. One with the single swapped and two sockets in the R/L swapped. And then one amp with the single op-amp and the other two R/L channel sockets swapped. This and other combos.

You know? We need a separate amp for each possible config. All on a switch... All passing through the same gear... And all of use being able to have a blind swap.

This is a lab experiment needing several people, a controlled environment and money to burn. That isn't going to happen. LOL!

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I wanted to try some op-amp changes with the original a07 amp, but the amount of counterfeit chips out there (and lots of replies saying the changes would be too subtle to be noticeable) put me off of it. While I don't think I'd venture so far moneywise as to go with the discrete/Sparkos option, would still be interested in any objective or subjective op-amp notes along with "clean" ordering sources for such chips.

For those needing this power level of amp with tone control options, I think the SMSL AO100 is an excellent choice. Only a little more than the Aiyima Pro and really nice, sound-wise and aesthetically... Hope Amir can do measurement on this model soon...along with the new Aiyima...that'd actually be a pretty good face-off...

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

If only Aiyima actually listened.

The A07 only needed better caps in the power and audio circuits. Better inductors. Better voltage regulators and a vented case to allow for convective cooling.

This, they did not do... We had to. I wonder if the Fosi Audio (fixed) version of their TPA3255 with tone controls is better

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

I wanted to try some op-amp changes with the original a07 amp, but the amount of counterfeit chips out there (and lots of replies saying the changes would be too subtle to be noticeable) put me off of it. While I don't think I'd venture so far moneywise as to go with the discrete/Sparkos option, would still be interested in any objective or subjective op-amp notes along with "clean" ordering sources for such chips.

For those needing this power level of amp with tone control options, I think the SMSL AO100 is an excellent choice. Only a little more than the Aiyima Pro and really nice, sound-wise and aesthetically... Hope Amir can do measurement on this model soon...along with the new Aiyima...that'd actually be a pretty good face-off...
Thanks so much for your comments! I hope more community members contribute...

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

Mouser.com for us in the states should and can serve as a legit source. As far as the A07 pro... I do think it has fake NE5532 chips... But that is just "think". I like the Sparkos option... But I am not a 6 figure guy... So yes. A bit pricey. But for the A07, I feel they are worth it. Thankfully I have 3 A07's and kids. So in the long run, if I can't turn the A07 pro into an ungodly Amp monster(voltage regulator limits)... I can at least upgrade the other 2 A07's and then possibly buy an Aune DAC and put one Sparkos in there. Man! This hobby kind of sucks - no matter how you slice it.

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

I like them too, not all songs are mastered or sound the same. And no one is forcing you to use them...
The problem with the tone controls in this unit is that they are the cause of the 20db increase in the SNR.

Toku

Major Contributor
I think AIYIMA A07 Pro is a renewed version of the model that has been sold before. ( Photos 1-4 )
There is no model number for this product, but I bought two of this product and used them together with the A07. The sound quality was almost the same as the A07. However, when using it at night with the volume lowered, it was convenient to have a tone control for easy correction.

This A07 Pro has the latest Qualcomm BT module. However, I am a little dissatisfied with the performance of BT because it is not a high-ranking module that is used.
In addition, all 4 op amps are socket type, aiming to attract DIY fans.
Also, some of the parts used have been changed, but I think the circuit itself is not much different from the old model.

One disappointment with the A07 Pro is that the volume pot used to control the volume has the wrong characteristics. ( Photo 5 )
It is common knowledge for audio engineers to use a volume pot with a logarithmic curve of taper A for adjusting the volume of audio equipment, but the A07 Pro uses a taper B with a straight curve.
In this case, the gang error of the R/L-ch is greatly amplified, and even if the volume knob is turned slightly, the volume increases, resulting in unnatural behavior. This is a big degradation point from the old model.

Attachments

• Aiyima-TPA3255-BT.jpg_ (1).jpg
    Aiyima-TPA3255-BT.jpg_ (1).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 292
  • Aiyima-TPA3255-BT.jpg_ (2).jpg
    Aiyima-TPA3255-BT.jpg_ (2).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Aiyima-TPA3255-BT.jpg_ (3).jpg
    Aiyima-TPA3255-BT.jpg_ (3).jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Aiyima-TPA3255-BT.jpg_ (4).jpg
    Aiyima-TPA3255-BT.jpg_ (4).jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 319
  • AIYIMA A07 Pro (5).jpg
    AIYIMA A07 Pro (5).jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

Bad news...

The US Post office confirmed that 4 bags of mail were stolen yesterday from the drop boxes used by the carriers.

My 5 op-amps from Sparkos were included in route 20's bags.

5 Op-amps stolen. I'm out $300+

sthaus

Bad news...

The US Post office confirmed that 4 bags of mail were stolen yesterday from the drop boxes used by the carriers.

My 5 op-amps from Sparkos were included in route 20's bags.

5 Op-amps stolen. I'm out $300+
That’s ****** new… sorry to hear about that Scrufboy .. did they compensate you anything ?

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

Oh it gets worse...

The new Aune X8 XVIII I ordered, supposed to be delivered today... ALSO STOLEN.

WORST DAY EVER.

Toku

Major Contributor
Oh it gets worse...

The new Aune X8 XVIII I ordered, supposed to be delivered today... ALSO STOLEN.

WORST DAY EVER.
It is a very sad event.
The US Postal Service is in a very turbulent state right now, isn't it?

Holmz

Major Contributor
It is a very sad event.
The US Postal Service is in a very turbulent state right now, isn't it?

@Toku
I am not sure that USPS is a bonded delivery service, and it is not like an organ delivery.

While it sounds political, and I suppose that it is… People stealing FedEx and UPS deliveries suggest that the problem is more with the US part of USPS, and not the PS part.
There are just a lot of people that like to steal things, and XMAS time bring out the gifts for them to try and get their hands upon.

I would be surprised if Japan had the same level of petty criminality happening around theft of delivery.

Top Bottom