• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 PRO

Bellboy718

The A07 Pro's AUX output is simply connected in parallel with the RCA input.
Please understand the structure before using.
With such a structure, AUX can also be used as an input. In that case, it cannot be used simultaneously with RCA.
With nothing hooked up to the rca input I just tried using the auxiliary 3.5mm as an input and nothing happened.

Berlun

I can also confirm that the AUX connector on the Aiyima A7 Pro does not work as line in, I just checked it on my amplifier (only connected through the 3.5mm Jack and with the RCA disconnected).

Zek

Major Contributor
According to Aiyima's scheme, that 3.5mm connector is Line Out, it is possible that one of the 5 OP amps serves for that line output.
A07Pro.jpg

On the A07, it is indicated that the 3.5mm connector can be both input and output.
a07.jpg

Last edited:

Toku

Major Contributor
I can also confirm that the AUX connector on the Aiyima A7 Pro does not work as line in, I just checked it on my amplifier (only connected through the 3.5mm Jack and with the RCA disconnected).
According to Aiyima's scheme, that 3.5mm connector is Line Out, it is possible that one of the 5 OP amps serves for that line output.
View attachment 279631

On the A07, it is indicated that the 3.5mm connector can be both input and output.
View attachment 279632
Thank you for the information.
Checking the printed circuit board pattern of the new model A07 Pro, you can see that the wiring of the 3.5mm jack is connected to an IC chip that seems to be an OP amp, unlike before.
In that case, it seems that the 3.5mm jack of the new model has an op amp buffer added and is dedicated to output. I have to correct my previous statement.

Attachments

• A07 Pro - PC.jpg
    A07 Pro - PC.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thank you for the information.
Checking the printed circuit board pattern of the new model A07 Pro, you can see that the wiring of the 3.5mm jack is connected to an IC chip that seems to be an OP amp, unlike before.
In that case, it seems that the 3.5mm jack of the new model has an op amp buffer added and is dedicated to output. I have to correct my previous statement.

This seems to be correct, I have checked it as well.
Line out is for output only, this one is different than the previous model Aiyima A07.

AIYIMA:GUO

According to my audiophile friend, A07 Pro does sound with a little more mid-range clarity & emphasis. If you'd like the sound signature with a little more bass & treble presence, A08 Pro may be a better fit to your liking. As for 5 swappable OP amp chips, very roughly speaking: 1. the front right one is for input buffering and amplification, 2. the front left one is for bass & treble tone controls, 3. the middle left one is for single-ended to differential conversion of the left channel, 4. the middle right one is for single-ended to differential conversion of the right channel, (We'd better use the same model of OP amps for left and right channels at the same time I guess.) 5. and the rear one is for aux output buffering. Deeper fine-tuning for the sound signature to your liking may be possible since you get FIVE swappable OP amps instead of TWO. Now it's your turn to play around with those OP amp rolling stuff if you'd like, have fun & happy rolling ;)

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
a question i have is that there's a 'new' A04 coming out and it looks like an A7 Pro without Bluetooth but in that case it seems they make no effort to differentiate the 'old' A04 w/ the 'new' A04 with tone controls

specs are all rubbery enough they seem interchangeable

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
a question i have is that there's a 'new' A04 coming out and it looks like an A7 Pro without Bluetooth but in that case it seems they make no effort to differentiate the 'old' A04 w/ the 'new' A04 with tone controls

specs are all rubbery enough they seem interchangeable
A07 Pro uses TPA3255, has Bluetooth and comes with 36v 6a power supply. Expecting Amir’s review soon.
New AO4 uses TPA3251, power supply would most probably be 32v 5a.
Both have tone control, pre/aux out.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
A07 Pro uses TPA3255, has Bluetooth and comes with 36v 6a power supply. Expecting Amir’s review soon.
Review is mostly done. Hopefully post tomorrow.....

JSmith

Master Contributor
Expecting Amir’s review soon.
Review is up;

JSmith

Top Bottom