• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

jlo

I have an Iphone with AirPods Pro and I'm globally pleased with the sound quality and features but I'd like to share some remarks and questions :

What I like :
  • sound quality of Airpods Pro
  • Apple advanced features : Spatialize Stereo, Head tracking, Personnalised Spatial Audio
What I don't like :
  • ergonomics of Apple audio settings is poor with uncomprehensive terminology
  • settings are spread over unrelated menus
  • No on/off switch for « Personnalised Spatial Audio » so impossible to do valid comparisons
  • Spatialise Stereo adds some "unwanted" room reverberation in both fixed and headtracked modes (spatialisation itself is quite good)
What I'd like to know/confirm :
  • does Dolby Atmos deactivate « Spatialise Stereo » but keep HRTF of « Personnalised Spatial Audio » ?
  • Ear Tip Fit Test seems to be just a low frequency test : no LF correction is applied
  • which EQ preset is best to get a response near Harman target : maybe "Acoustic" ?
I also tried to clarify audio settings :

menus.jpg

If you have more informations, please let us know.

Last edited:

rxp

Spatialise Stereo isn't a simple cross feed. It's using a generic HRTF with head tracking.

Still can't get over how good the system is. I ran through a 7.1.6 tone test & the accuracy of placement is amazing.

Top Bottom